George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So don't you think if we get into the Prem we should aim slightly higher than Thorne?

Don't think we need to. He's got evident quality, he's young and I think he'd be more affordable than players who are established at that level.

I think thorne is good enough to play for virtually any premier league side.

If you learned that villa or newcastle or liverpool or spurs or arsenal had decided to buy him would you be surprised?

I think he's a promising young player. He fits into our side well because of his ability to hold a defensive midfield position and pass the ball accurately. I think our priority would be in defence, though I also doubt whether Martin, Russell and co would be free scoring against better defences

If we could keep what we have in midfield, i.e. sign Thorne, I think we might need one more skillful running midfielder and we'd be okay there.

The key is not necessarily having the best players but the best team. We need to keep a model that works and not disrupt the (winning) team mentality we have at present.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably a gross case of '2+2=85397643" but I can't help but notice that he's deleted all mention of WBA from his Twitter and even now his tweets aren't melancholy. Hmmmm…

I reckon now's our chance. Let's all tweet him saying please stay mate we love you  ;)

I reckon now's our chance. Let's all tweet him saying please stay mate we love you  ;)

Not just Thorne, the whole squad deserves it, specially keogh, I don't blame him for losing but I bet damn right he blames himself, need to get his confidence back up for pre season :)

George Thorne won't be leaving West Brom permanently.

He, like Berahino has been gaining experience in the Championship, both have had 3/4 loan spells and both have broken through into our first team. He was on a run of playing regularly with us before getting his injury and now that he's had another successful loan spell he'll fight for a spot in our centre midfield with our other two defensive midfielders Mulumbu & Yacob, as he was last year.

Depending on if we sign any other def mids (unlikely with our chairman) then we might look to loan out once more but there is very little/no chance of us selling George Thorne.

Archived