George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

When I said to him it's a shame he wouldn't be staying he said 'why's that'.  I said, well with you signing a new contract at West Brom and that, he grinned and said 'let's just wait and see what happens'.

Okay, it's not an admission he's signing but he certainly doesn't seem to think it's out of the question.  It was more his manner than his words that made me think something could be hapening.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I said to him it's a shame he wouldn't be staying he said 'why's that'. I said, well with you signing a new contract at West Brom and that, he grinned and said 'let's just wait and see what happens'.

Okay, it's not an admission he's signing but he certainly doesn't seem to think it's out of the question. It was more his manner than his words that made me think something could be hapening.

I've been told on good regard that he's loving it here despite only just coming it into the team and he's really enjoying his football. It wouldn't shock me if he re-signed

I've been told on good regard that he's loving it here despite only just coming it into the team and he's really enjoying his football. It wouldn't shock me if he re-signed

Yes, he did say he was loving his time at Derby, though i wouldn't really expect him to say owt else to be fair.

He's a brilliant, brilliant player.

I stand by what I said in another thread, as well as Steve Mac has done - not playing Thorne from day one has arguably cost us automatic promotion - or at least a better crack at automatic promotion.

#SteveOut

Anyway, I'd love it if he signed. Thorne, Bryson and Hughes are brilliant together. 

Maybe that's why he wasn't rushed in to the starting 11 as we have him for another year you never know but even if we don't go up this season. if next season we had Hughes Bryson and Thorne as the midfield 3 I would be very confident on going up

i think the only way we could get him is if we go up and west brom go down

If west brom go down they might be even more determined to keep him?

Thorne would be a cracking permanent signing, whichever division we are in. Thorne is noticeably better than Eustace, and Eustace has been very good.

Next season he, Hughes and Hendrick will all be a little more experienced and Bryson is at his peak. Those four seem to me to be the best central midfield 'squad' in this division, and would have a decent shot at holding their own in the Premier League.

Thorne would be a cracking permanent signing, whichever division we are in. Thorne is noticeably better than Eustace, and Eustace has been very good.

Next season he, Hughes and Hendrick will all be a little more experienced and Bryson is at his peak. Those four seem to me to be the best central midfield 'squad' in this division, and would have a decent shot at holding their own in the Premier League.

Florist, for one, would argue that Lansbury, Porky fat trotters and the lad Vaughan who is on loan and only played twice form the best midfield group in the division. However, I saw one of their lads arguing in favour of giving Moussi another contract, so they may not be the best judges.

Florist, for one, would argue that Lansbury, Porky fat trotters and the lad Vaughan who is on loan and only played twice form the best midfield group in the division. However, I saw one of their lads arguing in favour of giving Moussi another contract, so they may not be the best judges.

As SRG alluded too, I'd say that this season it is about even - next season ours will be better as all four of ours are on the way up.

As SRG alluded too, I'd say that this season it is about even - next season ours will be better as all four of ours are on the way up.

Even lol

They haven't got anyone anywhere near as good as Hughes

And Lansbury is very overrated like majewski was.

Personally even though I love Hughes and Hendrick I would rather have Lansbury.

Class player and suffered with injuries this season. As for Reid, no he's on his way out our midfield are much more dynamic and exciting.

Also our 3's work ethic trumps theirs by a long way, Vaughan and Reid against the running of Hendrick and Bryson, no competition.

George Thorne can't really be compared to forests side as they don't have anyone like him unless you count Greening and Moussi lol

He's a brilliant, brilliant player.

I stand by what I said in another thread, as well as Steve Mac has done - not playing Thorne from day one has arguably cost us automatic promotion - or at least a better crack at automatic promotion.

#SteveOut

Anyway, I'd love it if he signed. Thorne, Bryson and Hughes are brilliant together. 

I'm with you there ambitious, i called it on here the day he signed and said when he gets a game Eustace wont get another sniff this season. He's a top top player and his passing range is phenomenal. That pass against Huddersfield was sublime 

I'm with you there ambitious, i called it on here the day he signed and said when he gets a game Eustace wont get another sniff this season. He's a top top player and his passing range is phenomenal. That pass against Huddersfield was sublime

come off it, it was a miss hit shot.

(Stop building his price up, ffs!)

Archived