George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's just focus on the cold hard stats...

Eustace:

Apps - 20(4)

goals - 0

assists - 0

Yellow - 8

Red - 0

Shots per game - 0.3

Pass acc % - 78

Aerial battles won per game - 2.6

Tackles per game - 1.9

interceptions - 1.5

fouls - 1.8

clearances - 1.7

dribbled past - 1

blocked shots 0.3

chances created - 0.3

avg passes - 37.2

Thorne:

Apps - 8

goals - 0

assists - 1

yellow - 1

shots per game 0.5

pass acc - 80.2

aerial battles won - 2.5

Tackles - 3.3

interceptions - 1.9

fouls - 0.6

clearances - 2.4

dribbled past - 0.8

blocked shots - 0.4

chances created - 0.8

avg passes - 64.3

Conclusive?

Inconclusive. These stats don't account for the fact that we'll have been more dominant in games than Watford, therefor less work required for Eustace compared to Thorne.

Owen Bradley ‏@OwenBradley  10s

Steve McClaren confirms the signing of George Thorne on loan from WBA til the end of the season. #dcfcfans

Happy with this signing. We were crying out for an additional CDM and Thorne will provide great competition for Eustace for the remainder of the season.

He's also another player that, if we go up, could potentially become a permanent signing.

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Saturday, I'd imagine Eustace  will start with Thorne coming on sometime during the second half. Looking at it another way, he should fit straight into the squad if and when Eustace picks up his 10th yellow card too so we wont be needing Jeff to fill in the gap...

Happy with this signing. We were crying out for an additional CDM and Thorne will provide great competition for Eustace for the remainder of the season.

He's also another player that, if we go up, could potentially become a permanent signing.

It'll be interesting to see who plays on Saturday, I'd imagine Eustace will start with Thorne coming on sometime during the second half. Looking at it another way, he should fit straight into the squad if and when Eustace picks up his 10th yellow card too so we wont be needing Jeff to fill in the gap...

fantastic news just fantastic just fantastic. Now Eustace doesn't have to play every game. PS Fantastic news. Well done DCFC. PS Just Fantabidoso.

Where is Bavies? Isnt Coutts due back in Jan / Feb last I heard?

Bavies - completely frozen out. Wouldnt be suprised to see him move in the next 24 hours.

Coutts - think it's end of Feb return? not sure.

Happy with Thorne though. Smart move by SMc.

Bavies - completely frozen out. Wouldnt be suprised to see him move in the next 24 hours.

Coutts - think it's end of Feb return? not sure.

Happy with Thorne though. Smart move by SMc.

Davies will go, Bailey too probably, Coutts once back I would send out on loan to get game time.

fantastic news just fantastic just fantastic. Now Eustace doesn't have to play every game. PS Fantastic news. Well done DCFC. PS Just Fantabidoso.

I'm just pointing out that we have signed a very good player who I believe played in the same u19 England side as Wisdom and Bamford which means that Eustace can be taken out the firing line now and again which I'm very happy about.

Opps should have replied that to maza233.

Inconclusive. These stats don't account for the fact that we'll have been more dominant in games than Watford, therefor less work required for Eustace compared to Thorne.

Prepared to be shocked...

Watford have had more shots than us(and on target)... had very similar possession stats... a better pass completion stat but have made 2000 less passes.

So it's not a huge gap, we play very similar football - I guarantee that Thorne will carry on in a similar vein.

Archived