George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon if we went up, him and Hughes would play deeper roles; similarly to the 2 holding midfielders a lot of the big teams play with. They both have obvious attacking abilities but both can both break up play reasonably well (I thought Hughes was excellent when he played the holding role against Millwall). I think with their passing abilities they'd dictate games well at the top and crucially be a fantastic young pairing to have at the club. 

This would also compliment Bryson greatly, allowing him to bug defenders and make his runs for Martin to pick out.

I think GT wants to be here

Consummate professional - doing and saying the right things.

Leon Osman said the same things, but at the end of the day, it will be down to what his parent club wants, and what they think of his future. 

Consummate professional - doing and saying the right things.

Leon Osman said the same things, but at the end of the day, it will be down to what his parent club wants, and what they think of his future. 

Dead right, Eddie. I would be very suprised and similarly very pleased if we signed him.

Season long loan is our best bet imo.

Dead right, Eddie. I would be very suprised and similarly very pleased if we signed him.

Season long loan is our best bet imo.

If West Brom go down and we go up, then I think there is a very real possibility of him signing. All depends on what price tag they put on him though.

As I recall we were offered Osman for £500k but the amigos said no.

The rest is history...and jail.

I don't recall that.

All i remember is Moyes (who?) saying he's not for sale.

You can't have him.

• 2 weeks later...

If he is so good, why isn't he in the WBA side?

Because he had a bad injury and they were trying to get him fit by loaning him out, which they have done, but in the process he has become a key player in our team which is why we want to keep him

Archived