George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

The Gascoigne who basically scored the second-best England goal I've ever seen in Euro 96? That was 5 years after his Gary Charles 'moment'. Definitely agree regarding Owen thouSorry to disturb you on a Sunday but Tony is sick. Can you teach his 10.45 lesson please?gh.

That tournament was a flash of what he was. For a fortnight we sighed 'if only he hadn't spent so much time with jimmy five bellies and Chris Evans'

But he never achieved what he could do in that 90-91 season. Given how good he was then and how young he was, he should have been the best player in the world by miles by 1996.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tournament was a flash of what he was. For a fortnight we sighed 'if only he hadn't spent so much time with jimmy five bellies and Chris Evans'

But he never achieved what he could do in that 90-91 season. Given how good he was then and how young he was, he should have been the best player in the world by miles by 1996.

That was Gazza's problem, not his knee injury. If he hadn't had the knee injury, he would have still broken himself with booze. Unfortunately that's the kind of guy he is.

I'm impressed that everyone seems to be on the same page these days. 

We say we need another striker, in comes another striker. We say we need a CDM, in comes a CDM. 

Expect Bavies and Bailey to be heading out shortly. 

We need cover for LB :huh:

We need cover for LB :huh:

Still a day to go. You've said it, let's see what happens?!  :)

According to the Press Association WhoScored website, Forsyth is the best left back in the Championship over the season so far. You can see the team at the foot of this page (selecting the season version) - can't work out how to insert a screen grab, sorry.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/3859/Stages/7800/Show/England-Championship-2013-2014

Have to say I'm happy with the business we've done, and if we need it in the run in, there's the emergency loan window. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Absolutely, I wouldn't be looking to displace Forsyth, or Wisdom for that matter, but someone who could come in as cover in the event of either of them being unavailable, I'd be happy with that. Happy enough with the business that we've done this month, that would be the cherry on top.

Absolutely, I wouldn't be looking to displace Forsyth, or Wisdom for that matter, but someone who could come in as cover in the event of either of them being unavailable, I'd be happy with that. Happy enough with the business that we've done this month, that would be the cherry on top.

If we lose Wisdom or Forsyth, we get an emergency loan. Why waste resources on someone you don't intend to play?

If we lose Wisdom or Forsyth, we get an emergency loan. Why waste resources on someone you don't intend to play?

Thats the kind of logic that has lead to us having a threadbare squad for a few seasons.

Players thrive off competition for places. Keane could play left back so losing him means forsyth knows he will start every game for the rest of the season. We could do with a full back who can play either side. If freeman has a recall clause then maybe that covers it?

By that logic we should only employ a 16 man squad.

I am saying we shouldn't be hunting for players that can not improve our side, especially when we appear to be managing within a budget for FFP. Bringing in a player we may never use is folly. It's not as if we are crying out for either position right now and neither of the current incumbents are showing signs of dips in form. I'm just saying let's keep our powder dry.

I wouldn't recommend to do it twice...But no problems to do your ACL once.

There is a slight tendency to do the other one, presumably because there is a psychological problem with favouring the other leg OR the emphasis you place on physiotherapy makes the affected leg stronger than before.

Archived