Report of Saturdays game from a QPR perspective

Bobby

Loved that. We sound like we’ve got this sussed don’t we? 
you can go that bit further when you want to do it for eachother and the manager. Add a bit of fan noise and it sounds easy. 

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

Clive Whittingham has run loftforwords for years and is an established journalist.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/63114

Two things that jump out at me from that report are how refreshing it is for someone to recognise that we're doing this with very little cash to splash around, but more importantly, praising Warne for doing exactly what our main insider critics beat him about the head for - doing the basics well, always challenging for the ball, looking after set pieces, getting the ball wide and putting early crosses into the box.

Be careful what you wish for, that playing out and around between themselves with no real threat, apart from a Dembele long shot, could be us if some on here got their way. 

The bit about their players falling over looking for free kicks was so accurate; luckily the referee seemed to cotton on to this eventually.

Also they did look more dangerous when Chair came onto the pitch, I'm rather relieved he wasn't fit enough to complete a full 90. 

The author seems quite embarrassed that Ebou Adams was MOTM for him, though, as if he somehow isn't worthy. Believe me, he is the engine that allows all the other stuff to happen. One of those under-appreciated footballers that every team needs - I'm glad we've found ours. 

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Two things that jump out at me from that report are how refreshing it is for someone to recognise that we're doing this with very little cash to splash around, but more importantly, praising Warne for doing exactly what our main insider critics beat him about the head for - doing the basics well, always challenging for the ball, looking after set pieces, getting the ball wide and putting early crosses into the box.

I agree,  if we didn't do the basics well, always challenging for the ball, looking after set pieces, getting the ball wide and putting early crosses into the box, what else could we do, given that the we don't have huge amount of money to throw around. Clive Whittingham appears to have a good eye for the game and notices aspects of the games that other people miss. Ebou probably covered more ground and made more tackles that any 4 QPR players did if their totals were added together 😂

We may not have the most skillful team in the Championship but I'm fairy confident that there are few teams in the Championship that have a higher work rate than the Rams. 

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

Clive Whittingham has run loftforwords for years and is an established journalist.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/63114

Thanks for that. It's a really good read and is very honest. We know that we'll be outgunned in pure footballing terms in a fair few games this season so all we can do is do what we do well and play to the strengths of this team. Trying to be Barcelona with our squad would end very badly.

We now need a blueprint for how to grind points out away from home. That seems to be our chief worry right now. Hopefully once we get off the mark it'll start to flow.

Despite Paul Warne’s understandable struggles to compete in this league with Rotherham’s budget, he frequently took points off QPR home and away. The Millers’ infamous 2018/19 campaign, where they won only one of their 23 away games, featured a 2-1 victory at Loftus Road. 🤔