Top 3 Best signings Paul Warne has made since arriving

So we have had Paul warne for just over 2 years now, got us promotion last season, and got us looking competitive in the championship. 

My best 3 signings he has made in order are. 

Nelson. Signed on a free was massive last season my POTY, and has started this season well, not looking out of place in the championship

Adams, on loan then made permanent this season, was one of the reasons we got promotion, the man never stops, covers every blade of grass week in and week out, and his tackles are so well timed, and for me has been our most consistent player so far this season. And for half a million pounds has been a great signing. 

Kenzo, A joy to watch, signed again for around 600 thousand pounds, and looks a bargin, his balance and his passing has been a joy to watch at 22 he could have a great career ahead of him hopefully at DCFC. And is a player who always looks for the forward pass, a great find, and one I look forward to seeing every week. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

Curtis Nelson, Ebou Adams loan, both absolutly key in us returning to the championship, and now both key parts of the championship side. We'll sign better players in the championship but those two signings shouldn't be underestimated.

After those two, Kenzo, Ozoh (loan) and JWZ but there's been a few decent additions (e.g. Jackson, Nat Philips, Yates potentially) the main grip with a lot of them has been being hobbled by injuries (Wilson, TJJ, Elder, Ward, Washington etc etc).

Curtis Nelson has been fantastic since day one, an automatic starter and says so much that he’s keeping Nat Phillips out the side. Not sure if it’s controversial to say but for me he is one of the most influential Derby players of the 21st century, the foundation piece of the promotion and overall rebuild. Still only 31, will play for us for a few more years I would suspect and fingers crossed he’s reaching his prime. All on a free, our best bit of business since Chris Martin a decade ago.

Ebou Adams, already an iconic Derby player and a different player than we’ve had at the club in my time. Never seen anyone cover ground and eat up opposition midfields like him. Transformed our midfield last season.

Third spot is tricky, I think Ryan Nyambe and Kane Wilson deserve some props. But JWZ and Kenzo may well move to the top spots when all is said and done. I’d go with JWZ for now because he looks like he might be the best keeper we’ve had at the club since Carson’s first few seasons.

The top 2 at the moment:

Adams - We simply don't get promoted from League One without that signing. We may have made the play-offs, but that one signing added so much of what we were short of and you can see his impact even at Championship level. One of the very best footballers I've seen out of possession. The ability he has to get himself involved in all phases and made life difficult for the opposition. He makes sure we are always battling physically, the work rate rubs off on those around him.  Lucky to have him. 

Nelson - He's been utterly faultless since coming in and has a great partnership with Cashin. Both of them have been so very good for us post-Administration. He's another who has continued the level of performance despite stepping up into the Championship. 

In terms of ability and potential: Zetterstrom and Kenzo. These are two players who have a seriously high ceiling.

Ebou and Nelson for the many reasons already said. JWZ and Kenzo are up there but are still new and finding their feet, come the end of the season JWZ will probably take the 3rd spot. For now, Nyambe. To actually have an actual right back not Knight or Smith out of position, or the attackers in Wilson or Ward trying to play defensively he was and is a massive part of our squad. I can't think of any times he's been done or let us down, a true consistent down the right side.

Adams 

Kenzo 

Nelson 

wanted to include JWZ but can only choose 3 and I simply can’t not include Nelson, as he’s been magnificently solid since he signed and he was free - I don’t think we could quite if he’d cost £1m

Adams is in there m, because without him, we’d definitely still be in Div 1.  He may not have pure talent, but he makes that up in spades with his endeavour and sheer  physical presence. 

Kenzo is a really class act and I can’t believe we managed to sign such a talent under the radar of other big money teams - he’s going to be worth a lot of wonga !!