Norwich City (H) Matchday thread

jono

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

My son and grandson are flying to Florida on Saturday so miss the next two home games, so my other son ( Man U fan ) and  my 10 year old granddaughter will be going to her first game.

Hope it’s a good one for her.

I think I might miss the QPR game too as our rail service has become fourth world standard.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

My son and grandson are flying to Florida on Saturday so miss the next two home games, so my other son ( Man U fan ) and  my 10 year old granddaughter will be going to her first game.

Hope it’s a good one for her.

What happened in his early life that he betrayed the rams to be a MAN UNITED FAN!!!

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not much interest in tomorrow’s game on here. Is the 12.30 start likely to affect attendance?

I hadn't realized! Glad you mentioned it. Must pay more attention to kickoff times this season. 

Tricky selection, but that comes from having a stronger squad. Presume Elder is out? Hope and expect lots of players are pushing hard to make it into the starting 11.

With nearly no bodies in midfield, a back 5 probably is the way to go until Ozoh and Elder are back. Or at least for this next game. Give Kenzo, NML and Yates the tools to roam and get on the ball and that’s where we’re most dangerous. Let Ebou sit in front of a back three and let wings backs support a front 3 and Kenzo and we can get a few goals. It’ll be tough tomorrow regardless but I still think we can get something out of it.

Edited by Eoghan1884

Looking forward to tomorrow but also feeling apprehensive, Ozoh and Elder have been big contributors to our home form, confident Fozzy will do ok if in, but less certain whether we can expect the same dominance we’ve been seeing in midfield. However Warne has put out sides which have laid it on the line so far, so my worry may be misplaced.COY🐏

I'm certain we will switch formation, so it will be interesting to see how fluid we look. 

Zetterstrom
Nelson    Phillips    Cashin

Nyambe     Kenzo       Adams       Osborn

Jackson                       Mendez-Laing

Yates

I think we will play Nyambe in a right wing back role, but if we're chasing the game Wilson or Ward will be available from the bench. The back three will have done plenty of work together,  I'm sure, so keen to see how that looks. I'd argued that they're three of our most talented players so should make it a tough out for any side - the counter will still be there and that's how we generally play anyway. 

My only concern is that the one game Norwich came up against a back three, was in their 4-1 win against Watford. I haven't seen the game, but perhaps they have players that can navigate and work against it well. I really don't know much about their team at all, considering they were in the play-offs last season. Sainz is a good player, Sargent is one of the best strikers in the league. I think we can cause them problems defensively, they seem closer to a Middlesbrough than Sheff Utd in terms of quality, albeit I personally feel they're probably somewhere between Middlesbrough and Bristol City - with the quality they've lost upper-midtable, perhaps not top 6 quality.