ConTEAroversial

Day

15 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The only brand that comes near to Yorkshire Tea is an Irish brand named Barry's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry's_Tea

Barry's is great tea (we're currently getting through a couple of boxes we brought back from Ireland), as is Yorkshire Tea, as is Twining's English Breakfast, though the latter is a bit too pricey for everyday tea. I've not tried many of the others listed, but these three are my favourites.

Sainsbury's used to do a blend of Darjeeling and China teas, 50-50, which is my all-time favourite, but they stopped making it because I might have been the only one buying it.

On 06/09/2024 at 10:30, Day said:

Not having this. 
https://news.sky.com/story/money-blog-latest-consumer-skynews-13040934?postid=8234485#liveblog-body

IMG_6442.jpeg

Asda Everyday, Sainsbury’s Red Label, even Co-op own brand ahead of Yorkshire Tea which everybody with half a tastebud would say is number 1.

Which have embarrassed themselves here.

Whens the football back on by the way?

They are more or less the same %age.. Don’t believe the (hype) stats..

PS I drink Tetley or Yarkshire Decaf.

On 06/09/2024 at 10:56, Crewton said:

Barry's is great tea (we're currently getting through a couple of boxes we brought back from Ireland), as is Yorkshire Tea, as is Twining's English Breakfast, though the latter is a bit too pricey for everyday tea. I've not tried many of the others listed, but these three are my favourites.

Sainsbury's used to do a blend of Darjeeling and China teas, 50-50, which is my all-time favourite, but they stopped making it because I might have been the only one buying it.

I finish my last box of Barry’s Gold I brought back from Ireland about 10 days ago, I now need another fix.