Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

21 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Totally disagree with this comment, we have been in every game, Barrow was awful I will give u that one, Watford we played well and deserved a point in my eyes, Blackburn switched off and got punished, but for me with so many new players in the starting 11, it has been a good start to the season, looking forward to seeing how the season pans out. 

weather you disagree or not, more than 50% predicted a loss for this game

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Without being too much of a party pooper, it is possible City were just rubbish 🪖

Like I said in another thread there are several factors that decide the outcome of a match. How well you play how well the opponents let you play. 46 matches is the real indication of how good we are.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Without being too much of a party pooper, it is possible City were just rubbish 🪖

Tough to look good when you're getting battered. Didn't think they were great to be honest, but they were unbeaten coming into the game and we could easily have had 5 or 6 yesterday without being flattered. To be honest, it'd be grand if for once we could just enjoy the result rather than looking for reasons to mark it down.

14 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

How did that work out for them? 😋

Edited by Comrade 86
spilling ​🤪​

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Like I said in another thread there are several factors that decide the outcome of a match. How well you play how well the opponents let you play. 46 matches is the real indication of how good we are.

Don’t get me wrong I got properly caught up in the excitement and my take was that we had come out on top in a really entertaining game.

The City fans however thought their team was pants. 

Would be good to get the opinion of a neutral.

25 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

But consider the poor teams we've played under Warne, where we have often only played well for one half, or let teams back in. Yesterday there was a different dimension - the interplay between our players,  players making forward runs reiving the ball from a pass properly weighted and in the right place. But best of all our  midfield being properly aggressive and winning the ball. Think back to our midfield 12 months ago.....

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's physical and quick, but finishing is shocking. The Bristol City fans are saying he's now missed 5 1-on-1s in a row. I would never have paid what they did for him based off stats alone, but they must feel they can improve his finishing (he's still only 20 afterall)

To be honest, I think Brown is the forward you're looking for.

Careful, Ghostie, careful. - you’ll get shot down in flames if you keep advocating using one of our own!

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

If he ends up as the answer then fair enough. Fair play to Warne, would have been easy to bring on Collins yesterday for ‘know how’ to see it out but Brown got the nod. Do him a world of good. 

Yes, but giving him just 2 minutes plus time added on is an insult when he needs more. But after organising a performance like that Warne might know what he is doing. 

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

If he ends up as the answer then fair enough. Fair play to Warne, would have been easy to bring on Collins yesterday for ‘know how’ to see it out but Brown got the nod. Do him a world of good. 

Yes, but giving him just 2 minutes plus time added on is an insult when he needs more. But after organising a performance like that Warne might know what he is doing. 

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Don’t get me wrong I got properly caught up in the excitement and my take was that we had come out on top in a really entertaining game.

The City fans however thought their team was pants. 

Would be good to get the opinion of a neutral.

A fair few on their forum were bemoaning how poor a squad/team we have and almost seemed to be blaming us for having the audacity to beat them. Bit like the Boro fans a couple of weeks ago!

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I was replying to a previous poster who said the majority of fans predicted a comfortable loss.

I see...

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Well this is awkward... 🤣

Anyways, I've got a severe case of 'can't be feckin arsed' so I'll leave you to it.

27 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I see...

Well this is awkward... 🤣

Anyways, I've got a severe case of 'can't be feckin arsed' so I'll leave you to it.

What ?

You started this. Why is it awkward? I was just reaffirming a point someone else made that also happens to be true. 

Is it awkward in the sense that you've made a mistake and now dont want to apologise for it ?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

In my one prematch comment I said they'd be dangerous going forward, but I felt they were a bit vulnerable at the back, particularly with Rob Dickie being unavailable. I think that proved to be right. Once we started to move the ball forward effectively, they were pulled apart numerous times. When the second goal went in, their heads dropped and we just got stronger and stronger. 

I think they're not a bad team, but our counter-attacking and defensive strength eventually made them look feeble. Reminded me of that 3-0 loss at Rotherham under Rooney where they just overpowered us in the last half an hour.

34 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've just added up the results on the prediction thread, there were 7 more Derby wins predicted than Bristol ones.

ok cheers. i was just going along with what jourdan said, but happy to be corrected. 

just checked the predictions too, looks like 39% thought win and 31% thought loss 👍

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

ok cheers. i was just going along with what jourdan said, but happy to be corrected. 

just checked the predictions too, looks like 39% thought win and 31% thought loss 👍

31 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Is it awkward in the sense that you've made a mistake and now dont want to apologise for it ?

tenor(13).gif.c97f2beceb7ba10822aeed32d4afad7e.gif

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

🤣taken completely out of context.

I was replying to a previous poster who said the majority of fans predicted a comfortable loss.

I never said it was the majority, just many. I never said 50% either.

Anyway, a number of fans predicted losses v Boro and Bristol City. How many? Who knows? Who cares?

I disagree that it was on the strength of recent performances. We‘ve won eight in a row at home in all competitions, don’t forget. So it’s not all been bad.

I find it far more likely to have something to do with both visiting clubs having better squads than us, spending £10-15 million in the window, and being tipped for strong seasons that might have swayed people to pick against us.

After all, we could beat Cardiff 4-0 in two weeks and we’d still be heavily unfancied the following week v Sheff Utd, no? It’s just the reality of where we are.

Edited by Jourdan