Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

Afternoon gents.

Been a while since I’ve been on here and posted. I’m glad you’ve got yourselves out of the league competing with the blue third (if that) of Bristol.

Coming up tomorrow on the train, haven’t been to PP since about 2019 so looking forward to it. We’ve sold our allocation of 3,100, was initially 2,600 but we were given an extra 500 which have sold.

I would expect our team to be:

O’Leary

Tanner Vyner Naismith Pring

Knight Williams

Sykes Bird Twine

Armstrong

Annoyingly, as we seem to do every season we have a few injuries. Dickie is a huge miss in the centre of defence, can’t see McNally being thrown straight in, and Roberts as good as he was last season isn’t a CB in a 4 for me, he’s a bit small.

Confident of not losing but not as confident as our fans are of winning, think as you proved against Boro the other week you’ll be a tough but to crack. I’ll go 1-1, Yates and Twine with the goals.

Also, our train gets in at half 9 - does anybody have any pub recommendations? Will do some research, ideally wouldn’t want to end up in a Wetherspoons but appreciate that may be all that’s open until 11am.

Have a good one all.

2 hours ago, JJH said:

Afternoon gents.

Been a while since I’ve been on here and posted. I’m glad you’ve got yourselves out of the league competing with the blue third (if that) of Bristol.

Coming up tomorrow on the train, haven’t been to PP since about 2019 so looking forward to it. We’ve sold our allocation of 3,100, was initially 2,600 but we were given an extra 500 which have sold.

O’Leary

Knight Williams

Sykes Bird Twine

Armstrong

Annoyingly, as we seem to do every season we have a few injuries. Dickie is a huge miss in the centre of defence, can’t see McNally being thrown straight in, and Roberts as good as he was last season isn’t a CB in a 4 for me, he’s a bit small.

Confident of not losing but not as confident as our fans are of winning, think as you proved against Boro the other week you’ll be a tough but to crack. I’ll go 1-1, Yates and Twine with the goals.

Also, our train gets in at half 9 - does anybody have any pub recommendations? Will do some research, ideally wouldn’t want to end up in a Wetherspoons but appreciate that may be all that’s open until 11am.

Have a good one all.

Spoons open at 6 - we are Derby 

2 hours ago, JJH said:

Afternoon gents.

O’Leary

Knight Williams

Sykes Bird Twine

Armstrong

Have a good one all.

If you want to stay close to the ground, The Brunswick is a good shout if you like real ale, or else the Royal Standard has just been refurb'd and likewise will do a good variety - not sure on opening times, mind, and probably best to avoid wearing colours.

Safe travels!

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If you want to stay close to the ground, The Brunswick is a good shout if you like real ale, or else the Royal Standard has just been refurb'd and likewise will do a good variety - not sure on opening times, mind, and probably best to avoid wearing colours.

Safe travels!

@JJH the Brunswick is home fans only so, as Animal says, avoid showing your colours. Not sure it's open that early though.

The Harvester on Pride Park is the designated away pub - serves a very decent breakfast and serves ale from daft o'clock.

Enjoy.

Babbington's actually stocks a really good selection of ales. I've seen far, far worse pubs being used for away supporters - and it's cheap.

But discrete Bristol fans might be better advised to head for the Alexander Hotel, because I'm pretty sure that the Brunny is strictly home fans only, though unlikely to be a problem if they manage to sneak in.

Derby CAMRA though list all of the best ale pubs in the City and very few stop sensible away fans from going in.

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

https://x.com/mattparsonsbcfc/status/1829600245048885446?s=46

fair play to tomorrow’s opposition for this gesture!

I’m not falling for it. Stuff them. It’s only being paid for by from money derived from slavery. And Mr Ploppy has probably poisoned it too.

Edited by Will Hughes Hair
Ploppy. I despise him as much as football chairman who haves pubes stick onto their head.

Our B4’s chosen charity has a collection before the match. If you would like to add your donation in Daniel’s name, you can donate online here https://danielbeavis.muchloved.com/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR31yS8Pw9P5pmyXhshDDfLBx0_SgsorHjUJqQmr7EDOBcpbIhmRMEYAqqA_aem_8pOXlH9AYlKwchbKxJFCMg

I know many of you have already given donations. Just £1 and a short message in Dan’s memory is more than enough 🐏

IMG_8634.jpeg

Edited by B4’s Sister

The thing about Knight and Bird is they’re good but they both have their weaknesses. Neither actually scores enough goals, Knight has energy but can lack quality and Bird has quality but can get manoeuvred off the ball. Nothing particularly to fear other than the “against old club” adage.

6 minutes ago, AndyB said:

The thing about Knight and Bird is they’re good but they both have their weaknesses. Neither actually scores enough goals, Knight has energy but can lack quality and Bird has quality but can get manoeuvred off the ball. Nothing particularly to fear other than the “against old club” adage.

I wish you'd saved this for after the game!

Always Sunny Shut Up GIF