Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I imagine this is a fixture they were hoping they'd never have to play again, as some of their fans seemed to be of the opinion that we should have been liquidated. Anyhow, f*** 'em, we're still here and we intend to stay here.

Otherwise, certainly a tough game again. Strong in attack but perhaps with a slightly shaky defence, especially as Rob Dickie is expected to miss the game. Certainly, we must get after them and test that theory whilst guarding the back door. We know what Birdy and Knighty can do but they won't be the only ones we need to stop playing.

Make it noisy, get PP rocking #BeMoreB4

I think there was only one particular poster that had a very strong sentiment against us. Besides, probably desperate for a rivalry of some sort given they are very rarely in the same league as Rovers.

26 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think there was only one particular poster that had a very strong sentiment against us. Besides, probably desperate for a rivalry of some sort given they are very rarely in the same league as Rovers.

Nah, there was more than one, but that makes it all the more satisfying that all their predictions failed to materialise.

Not that I hold a grudge or owt....

200w.gif.c8e9c69394f80e6891c8aa1f7c872e3e.gif

5 hours ago, Day said:

Horrible game this. Horrible.

I don’t want to see us go up against Bird and Knight. 

They should be here, with us 😭

While it's a disappointment that Bird and Knight are playing elsewhere, they have effectively gone to an average Ch'ship club who may or may not finish a bit higher in the table than the Rams. The sales of these players obviously generated much needed revenue for DCFC, but I'm not sure they are significantly enhancing their playing careers.

As a comparison, for me personally the departure of Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick was a much bigger loss and they both proved themselves in the Premier League. Jeff also having notable success at international level, playing in a major tournament. 

Must say I'm anxious about the potential fall-out from this game if things do go sideways. Anything but a loss for me in this one. Bristol City are a bitter reminder of where we find ourselves on the footballing food chain and emotions would inevitably run high should we lose. 

Take a point and move on to the international break. 

I'm trying not to start an anti-Warne discussion... but f*** me, over the last season or so we have had so many injuries! 

It does feel much more than average/normal, be interested to know how true that is.

Zetterstrom 

Niambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth 

Adams    Ozoh

Jackson whoever is fit NML

Yates 

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm trying not to start an anti-Warne discussion... but f*** me, over the last season or so we have had so many injuries! 

It does feel much more than average/normal, be interested to know how true that is.

Zetterstrom 

Niambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth 

Adams    Ozoh

Jackson whoever is fit NML

Yates 

A Rotherham fan came on this board not long after Paul Warne had arrived and asked if we had started getting lots o injuries yet, particularly during training. How did he know?

44 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

A Rotherham fan came on this board not long after Paul Warne had arrived and asked if we had started getting lots o injuries yet, particularly during training. How did he know?

How many were caused in training, any idea?

My expectation is actually for a fairly comfortable win. Two or three nil. It often happens when a team plays poorly in the cup, but pulls itself together at the weekend. Plus it will be tough for Knight and Bird coming back.

With the injuries we have, but Cash returning, I would play:

Zetterström

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Forsyth

Adams Ozoh

Jackson NML

Yates Brown

Subs: Vickerd Ward Bradley Elder Thompson Chirewa Barkhuizen Collins CBT 

I'm presuming Wilson, Osborn and Goudmijn are injured and won't be risked. Obviously this is not the team Warne will play. 

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Will be on the train with the sheet heads.

Hopefully hiding in the toilets on the journey home with a three-point smile 😊

Me too though there's a few of us driving down. Not sure who is nominated adult yet. Sadly, I'll be in with the Brizzle firm trying not to cheer as Yates notches his 3rd. 

What's the harm in dreaming?

COYR

7 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Me too though there's a few of us driving down. Not sure who is nominated adult yet. Sadly, I'll be in with the Brizzle firm trying not to cheer as Yates notches his 3rd. 

What's the harm in dreaming?

COYR

Listen to a few Jethro gigs on the way and you'll soon have the accent sorted 👍🏻