Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I felt a bit sorry for JWZ on Saturday. He was clearly keen to bond with the fans and at half time ran on to the pitch with the other subs.

The other subs then went through their routine with the trainer so Jacob was rather left hanging, simply doing his stretches. I fear if we leave him out of the team he’s going to wonder why he left. 

I think he could be a big star for us.

It’s a football club not infant school 🙂

Tricky selection after such a good win. I think Vickers likely keeps the shirt, knowing Zetterstrom will play against Barrow. But Yates likely starts. Has there been an update on Wilson's injury? I'm presuming he won't be fit, and obviously Cash is out with concussion. And will anyone come in over the next couple of days?

Vickers

Nyambe     Nelson     Bradley     Elder

Ozoh     Osborn

Goudmijn

Jackson     Yates     Mendez-Laing

Subs:  Zetterstrom  Ward  Forsyth  Adams  Thompson  Blackett-Taylor  Barkhuizen  Collins  Brown

Washington seems out of the reckoning, and possibly on his way. If CBT isn't fit, or if Warne wants an extra defender on the bench, I presume it would be one of Bardell/Robinson/Bartley from the U21s. #coyr

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I felt a bit sorry for JWZ on Saturday. He was clearly keen to bond with the fans and at half time ran on to the pitch with the other subs.

The other subs then went through their routine with the trainer so Jacob was rather left hanging, simply doing his stretches. I fear if we leave him out of the team he’s going to wonder why he left. 

I think he could be a big star for us.

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It’s a football club not infant school 🙂

... And he's a goalkeeper.

It's too dangerous for them to mix.  He'll be used to being on his own.

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Watford are set to sign Toulouse centre back Kevin Keben and Bournemouth striker Daniel Jebbison hopefully not before the weekend

Thankfully it seems like Jebbison won’t be signings until the last few days of the window.

As long he's settled in / trained well I'd bring in Zetterstrom. Not because Vickers has done anything wrong (far from it) but Vickers can be counted on to stay ready when he's not playing, not give off the bad vibes and will know he's not been dropped for his performances. This is assuming of course we've not been sold a pup.

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

No Osborn?

Seems to have divided opinion on here a fair bit, but FWIW, I thought he was one of our best performers against the Smoggies. 

It’s a tough one. We have four midfielders that will want to start every week, so there is an element of horses for courses I guess.

I have a feeling this will be a good game for Adams and Ozoh as a double pivot with Goudmijn linking midfield and attack, matching up against Sissoko, Dele Bashiru and Chakvetadze.

However like you say maybe Warne will reward players for their performance v Boro and pick accordingly.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

It’s a tough one. We have four midfielders that will want to start every week, so there is an element of horses for courses I guess.

I have a feeling this will be a good game for Adams and Ozoh as a double pivot with Goudmijn linking midfield and attack, matching up against Sissoko, Dele Bashiru and Chakvetadze.

However like you say maybe Warne will reward players for their performance v Boro and pick accordingly.

TBH, I suppose I should just be grateful we have some options this season. The midfield 'cupboard' was pretty bare at times last season. I guess it'll depend on how much of a threat PW believes Watford to be offensively. That SMoggy team scared the crap out of me and I wouldn't have been averse to Ozoh and Ebou starting, but I'm hoping we can get at Watford a little. That said, if Cash is still out, if may be another batten down the hatches jobby which is sure to delight some on here! 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m not sure why some are picking Vickers in goal.

We just signed a new number one goalkeeper.

I understand Vickers played well last week. But he is back up. Why wait for him to have a bad game to replace him?

The reasoning, flimsy as it may be, would be that it conveys a message to the players that if they play well, they keep the shirt. I think if PW does give him the nod, it'll just be for the one game anyway and may help us keep hold of Josh as our #2 option, rather than losing him and having to find someone else. It also let's JWZ know that there are no free rides, irrespective of the transfer fee.

Just my opinion though and most won't agree.