Tedious and boring

2 minutes ago, Day said:

Including all the forum staff which would result in more chaos!

By the way @Day that corrective surgery you had on your shoulders doesn’t seem to have worked. Your head now seems to be leaning to the left. 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

You could include an IQ test in the sign-up for the forum - anyone scoring less than 50 gets bombed out - would get rid of half the folk in one sweep....

Or better still, Get someone to take a video of you doing a Breakdance and let the moderators decide if you're good enough to join the forum...tenor.gif?itemid=12629624

59 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

The modern tendency to categorise anyone you disagree with as stupid.  

The modern tendency to totally miss any attempt at humour and/or mischievous banterism, and respond as though one is nigh on offended.

#stay away, stay witless, stay sane.

Edited by Mucker1884

3 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It's more like a school playground than a pub a lot of the time, replete with playground tactics.

Step one: Identify a weakness that marks another person or group as 'below' you. 

Step two: Either set whatever form of bait you know they're prone to taking yourself, or wait for someone else to do it and pile in once they're already on the hook.

Step three: Use their subsequent reaction against them to either claim moral or intellectual superiority, or just outright mock them from a position of strength. Twist their words and take them out of context if necessary.

Step four: Apply social exclusion techniques, ie make a public comment to a third party about having put someone on ignore / boast about the number of people you've got ignore so that even those who you haven't might believe they're also being excluded/considered beneath you.

I agree. I've cited the best example I could find of what you've described above.

15 minutes ago, Alph said:

This could be a 2013 thread about Ninos. 

He was right though, dammit. Derby never would get promoted with McClaren, Martin and Keogh. 

Yes but he did say that Zanzala would be the next Steve Bloomer

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't mind folks having different points of view. I'm not so keen on the repetitive grinding of some posters. You've made your point, you don't have to keep repeating it ad nauseum! 

It's worn me down and I'm sure others too. But I try to look for the positives and I'm sure the revenue from the serial offenders helps @Day keep the site running! 

I’m not sure the forum is any different today than it ever has been in terms of the mix of very positive, very negative, balanced comments or those remarking on the overly negative or overly positive nature of some posts and posters.  I remember I didn’t visit for several years because I was sick to death of one particular poster’s constant and overly negative contributions and argumentative nature (I think it might have been during the Clough period, I can’t quite remember).

I think the bit in bold above sums up my only frustration - though the ignore button is my friend in this - and that is the “dog with a bone” types who will say the same thing in any and every thread, not once but multiple times.  It is usually the negative nellies, but also those (of which I know I can be one, but I try not to get drawn is as much as I used to) more positive/balanced types who get into pointless arguments with them. Threads can get endlessly repetitive as a result, and I guess people rarely want to ‘let it go’ until somebody has won the argument (which never happens).  

There is also a special sub-category of poster who are neither happy clapper, wrist slasher or something in-between. Rather they just seem to want to argue with everybody about anything and get some weird enjoyment out of being a contrarian for the sake of it.  These are generally bigger WUMs than those who just have one track minds. 

Anyway, while quite cathartic to get these things off our chests, I doubt anything will change… because it never has! 

Edited by LazloW

I'm not on here anywhere near as much as I used to be but that's mostly down with having some tight deadlines with writing and job hunting than because of the atmosphere. I'm a pretty long-time poster on here and I'd say it's roughly the same it's always been. I used to be full of gumption, was a negative nelly and even with Warne early on last season I thought he had to go. I've definitely had way too many incidents where I've got overly irate about something which actually didn't matter one damn jot. I was easy to wind up and I'm sure I took the bait way too many times to count. 

Now, I'm just more relaxed about it all. Ultimately, it's a bag of wind being kicked around on a saturday. I know B4 may haunt me for saying this but football is not a matter of life and death- it should bring joy, love, and affection into our lives. Like with anything there will be times it brings heartache, frustration, and anger but these should be outweighed by the former. Like a bad relationship, if this forum is giving you more of the latter then you should break up with it for a bit and reassess how you feel. 

We're going through a bit of a rough patch as a club. We're used to being a player in this league but because of circumstances beyond anyone's control we are fighting for the transfer scraps. Administration was hell but brought us together, league 1 was annoying but we won more than we lost so it was tolerable but this period will be much harder. We'll be fighting probably near the bottom trying to stay in the division which most of us see as a bit below our status as it is. 

I'll trust faith in the process until there is a good reason not to. We should all give it until the end of January to see where we are, how we play and the actual recruitment strategy play out. If things are going belly up at that point it's probably time for a big discussion amongst the fan base. But right now, 1 league game in, it's no time at all. We aren't playing Fleetwood anymore and we have to get used to the fact that most games we'll go in as the underdogs not as the favourites. 

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

All quite odd given how much he loved Chris Martin too! 👀

#TODDYFACTS

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Yes but he did say that Zanzala would be the next Steve Bloomer

It's really sad when people hold a grudge against someone for comments they made years ago. 

But I feel much better now that I know you two haven't moved on either. 

Zanzala! Bloody hell rynny 

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

Zanzala has just joined Fylde on a one year deal, after attending a PFA run pre season camp.

Rynny must be the most easy going laid back member in this forums history. But now I like to imagine that he's waiting for toddy and Ninos to return so he can unleash ten years of pent-up anger based around the unfulfilled career of Congolese striker Offrande Zanzala.