Marvin Johnson

BWRam

Another link for us from Witcoop.

Thought Forsyth done well last night and assumed the obvious alternate was a young loan who is more mobile. Don’t know much about this guy but another 33 year old, turning 34 this season doesn't seem like long term thinking…

2A88EBCC-1264-4345-98FA-E502D98A32B6.png

We tried to sign him the previous summer's window and he was keen to come here, but Wednesday's demands were too high (similar happened with Smith and Gregory). He ended up not being named in their 25-man squad and frozen out. The PFA got involved wanting to know why he was being treated this way and having to train alone. I think things got patched up when manager Munoz was replaced. At the time the move broke down he did say: " If Derby County gave exactly what we want - sure maybe we could sell him. But this was not the situation." It was expected he would move to Qatar or Turkey just to get rid of him and because their windows were still open. 

I think he used to play for Oxford? I remember him well at Middlesbrough as a wing-back, a very good one.

Edited by Macintosh

The age profile isn’t great is it.

That said, Wednesday fans seem to rate him and his inclusion in the team almost mirrors their uptick in form under the new manager last season. He missed the first run of games where they were woeful.

Really can’t see there being anything in this. He’s a natural wing back - which would have been very useful when we were still attempting to play three at the back earlier in the window, but now Warne has finally admitted 4-3-3 suits us better I don’t see where Johnson would fit in.