Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

Very pleased with the result on Saturday , tactics were spot on , every player to a man gave everything they had got and to see a good Boro side fizzle out of ideas in the 2nd half is testament to our lads hard work and commitment to the cause , first step this season is to get a foothold , points on the board , in whichever way you can , then we can start polishing up performances , well done lads COYR

3 hours ago, jono said:

Yet despite having 72% of the ball they failed to do anything with it. Which just might have something to do with our tactics don’t you think ? Or alternatively we collectively played very well in difficult circumstances against a well equipped side. Which again (because we did it in a well drilled collective way) is a sign of good tactics. 

If they had ripped us to spreads while we tried to play them at their own game I can’t help thinking you would be saying that we were tactically naive. Or are you so one eyed that it was just that we were lucky and they weren’t ? That is nothing more than one eyed contempt with absolutely no constructive argument to back it up. Isn’t it really that you don’t like the manager and look for every angle to justify a flimsy unsubstantiated position ?

As I said previously, the team with the ball ultimately decides what happens to it. There's only so much control you can have on a game when you let the opposition have all the ball. That's why I think it was on Boro to do something with the ball. Their inability to find the final pass it what won us the game. I've already said we defended well and were organised. All we did was a simple low block. It wasn't anything detailed. We did it well. 

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Couldn't give two hoots about Rosenoirs system, the point of my post as you are more than aware is that possession stats in isolation mean absolutely nothing.

We could have had the lions share of possession under Rosenoirs system in a game but if we were passing the ball around from side to side in our own half aimlessly without even remotely threatening the opposition goal then judging the game purely on possession stats means nothing.

I get your point. I don't think Boro just kept it all game without doing anything with it. They almost scored many times. 

dominating possession is one of the hardest things to do, and gives a great foundation to then develop on. If we were doing that I'd at least think we were building a good foundation. 

16 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

As I said previously, the team with the ball ultimately decides what happens to it. There's only so much control you can have on a game when you let the opposition have all the ball. That's why I think it was on Boro to do something with the ball. Their inability to find the final pass it what won us the game. I've already said we defended well and were organised. All we did was a simple low block. It wasn't anything detailed. We did it well. 

So TACTICALLY we achieved a result then didn’t we ! 
QED

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I was at the game and watched it live.

OK, tell me three incidents were Boro failed to score because they were “unlucky” rather than due to their poor finishing or our solid defending and you might convince me.

”Luck” is a much miss used word. I can’t find Carrick’s post match interview but the match report on Boro’s website doesn’t talk about luck. 

They had the ball for vast amounts of time withing 25 yards of our goal. We were lucky in the sense that it was on Boro to find the final pass, and they didn't. The game was in their hands because they had the ball. We were just hoping they couldn't find the end ball. We were lucky that they couldn't.

20 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Like Warne almost got us in the playoffs in his first season but this should have led to him being sacked according to some.

To be fair, I’m a very sensible poster and I would have thanked him for his efforts and paid him off. Not sacked him; mutual consent kind of thing. Clowes will get there in the end.

20 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

They had the ball for vast amounts of time withing 25 yards of our goal. We were lucky in the sense that it was on Boro to find the final pass, and they didn't. The game was in their hands because they had the ball. We were just hoping they couldn't find the end ball. We were lucky that they couldn't.

Boro couldn’t have hit a cow’s arse with a banjo on Saturday. They were lucky they scored nil!!!

22 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

also fortunate they gave us a goal too as we didnt really appear to have any way of creating one ourselves.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

To be fair, I’m a very sensible poster and I would have thanked him for his efforts and paid him off. Not sacked him; mutual consent kind of thing. Clowes will get there in the end.

Everyone leaves eventually, this was in response to the poster saying Rosenior had done well just missing out on the playoffs.