Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Vickers

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Ozoh    Osborn

Goudmijn

Jackson     Brown     Mendez-Laing

Subs: Zetterstrom  Elder  Bradley  Wilson  Thompson  Adams  Collins  Barkhuizen  a.n.other

Feel bad for Tommo as reports say how well he played against Chesterfield, but we lose a lot of physicality if we switch him for Ozoh. And I want Osborn's nous and Goudmijn's skill. 

Not sure about Ozoh’s physicality based on last two performances 

48 minutes ago, Somersall Ram said:

Not sure about Ozoh’s physicality based on last two performances 

Understand the sentiment, but with Adams not fully fit I'd suggest Ozoh's the best choice we have for now. He will know he has to improve. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

But that doesn't include a number of sections not on sale, does it?

The upper and lower blocks in the east stand next to the away fans, blocks A and H in west upper and the lower SW corner. There's a total of around 1,700 seats in those areas, not all will be taken nor available for sale, unless we're heading for a sellout.

I think you’ll find it’s less than that, the blocks in the East stand next to the away fans, last season it was 4 blocks, this season it’s only the 2 closest to the away fans and part of those are covered forming the barrier between the away fans, I believe this would release around 400/500 seats.

West stand Block A is already sold out , Block H I believe is for players friends and family and there is probably less than 100 tickets spare.

Last season the LSW corner wasn’t released at all even when we were close to a sellout.

For some reason previously unavailable seats were released in WU blocks P and Q numbering around 400 which is currently making up most of the available West stand tickets.

Last season there were lots of single tickets and ones described as restricted views added late on, I believe they have already been added.

I would be surprised if there was any more than around 600 more seats to add.

Then of course is the age old debate of wether holidaying season ticket holders and those that can’t make the early kick off are included 🤔

This game worries me a tad. Much as I hate to admit it, I'd imagine the Smoggies will be challenging for playoff slots at very least this season and they have spent some serious cash bolstering what was already a pretty strong squad. Whilst the performance against Chesterfield was a big step forward, it still, IMO, falls well short of what will be required to trouble ickle Gibbo's mob and this forum will be utterly toxic if we lose, despite the gulf in quality between the two sides and time each group has had together. My heart says we can secure a battling draw, but my head says we have a really tough game ahead.

My line up and thinking would be something like the following:

lineup(2).png.2f3cdf7b599948046ac8845541b75ff7.png

I'm cheating by adding JWZ, but if he's signed in time, he would start for me. I appreciate that's unlikely all the same. Fozzy is first name on the team sheet and Cash, Nels and Ryan are not far behind. Ozoh needs games to adjust to the physical demands of men's football in the 2nd tier. If things click for him, this lad can monster midfield, but he's been a tad clumsy and indecisive at times thus far, mindful as I am that he's just a kid in a giants body.

Osborn and Goudmijn are my choices to try and pick the Smog's defensive lock and I'd also start Collo to soften up their CBs. Once he's battered them senseless, I'd then look to give Dajaune a full 30 minutes to show that he is a tidy finisher and only confidence, or lack of it, has held him back to date.

Jackson, Elder, Vickers, Tommo, Bradley, Ward, Adams, Elder & CBT make my bench.

I've a sneaky suspicion we'll look a deal more like a settle side should, but whether that will be enough this early in the season, who knows?

COYR

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

It'll be interesting to see how strong a team they put out tonight against the dirties.

Watching the Leeds /Boro game , Isiah Jones is a menace on the right wing . I would rather see Fozzy out there instead of Elder . Clarke is a sound Championship grade defender. 

48 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

This game worries me a tad. Much as I hate to admit it, I'd imagine the Smoggies will be challenging for playoff slots at very least this season and they have spent some serious cash bolstering what was already a pretty strong squad. Whilst the performance against Chesterfield was a big step forward, it still, IMO, falls well short of what will be required to trouble ickle Gibbo's mob and this forum will be utterly toxic if we lose, despite the gulf in quality between the two sides and time each group has had together. My heart says we can secure a battling draw, but my head says we have a really tough game ahead.

My line up and thinking would be something like the following:

lineup(2).png.2f3cdf7b599948046ac8845541b75ff7.png

I'm cheating by adding JWZ, but if he's signed in time, he would start for me. I appreciate that's unlikely all the same. Fozzy is first name on the team sheet and Cash, Nels and Ryan are not far behind. Ozoh needs games to adjust to the physical demands of men's football in the 2nd tier. If things click for him, this lad can monster midfield, but he's been a tad clumsy and indecisive at times thus far, mindful as I am that he's just a kid in a giants body.

Osborn and Goudmijn are my choices to try and pick the Smog's defensive lock and I'd also start Collo to soften up their CBs. Once he's battered them senseless, I'd then look to give Dajaune a full 30 minutes to show that he is a tidy finisher and only confidence, or lack of it, has held him back to date.

Jackson, Elder, Vickers, Tommo, Bradley, Ward, Adams, Elder & CBT make my bench.

I've a sneaky suspicion we'll look a deal more like a settle side should, but whether that will be enough this early in the season, who knows?

COYR

About the team I’d go with. Given we know we’re not the finished article and still have Yates + hopefully A.N. Other 9 to come in to the team, I’d genuinely like to see Brown given another start Saturday. Yes he’s nowhere near the finished article, but I was impressed with how he pulled their defenders around and got himself in some dangerous positions last night. He’s hopefully our future, and as much as I admire Collo’s work rate I think Daj has just as much chance a of scoring. He’ll go out on loan before the window closes, why not give him his reins until then?

Edited by DiggerB

We'll probably lose this game because Middlesbrough are a better team than us, with Championship experience and expecting a promotion push.

We're newly promoted and in dire need of reinforcements.

It's normal to lose a game like that. Try not to panic. The "I'm hiding in here tonight" room is officially taking reservations.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We'll probably lose this game because Middlesbrough are a better team than us, with Championship experience and expecting a promotion push.

We're newly promoted and in dire need of reinforcements.

It's normal to lose a game like that. Try not to panic. The "I'm hiding in here tonight" room is officially taking reservations.

Boro have signed Tommy Conway from Bristol City for £5 mill . They seem to have a healthy , competitive, mid table budget . 1-0 up as well .

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Interesting discussion re Boro just before 7.30pm on 5 Live. Didnt win in first 7 or so games last season i think they said while bedding new players in. Mentioned dissatisfaction of fans etc at start of season. 

Boro look mighty impressive tonight at Leeds !!! Bit worried 😟 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Is that Josh Coburn a regular for Boro? He is pulling Leeds all over the place.

Our slow back line will get rinsed if they push high against him.

Looks like a men behind the ball job at the weekend.

He isnt first choice, behind Latte-Lath & i would imagine he will now be behind Conway too. Others have suggested him as an option for us on loan, he was rumoured last summer as a target i think

Edited by DCFC1388

57 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He isnt first choice, behind Latte-Lath & i would imagine he will now be behind Conway too. Others have suggested him as an option for us on loan, he was rumoured last summer as a target i think

Latte-Lath is supposed to be very good isn't he? Just equaled a record for goals in consecutive Championship games I believe.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Boro look mighty impressive tonight at Leeds !!! Bit worried 😟 

Same esp as its them. In a way the fact that hardly any of squad were around during admin may mean they're more rational about the opposition snd their chairman 😂