Investment

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"The point being fan base, facilities and history mean very little in the grand scheme of things for potential investors, it’s all about how far away we are from being able to seriously challenge for a place in the land of milk and honey and we’re miles away. "

Yep, unfortunately it's true. We need to look to the future and dwell less on the past. The Club is still losing money so the decision has to be where does Clowes want it to be, and if it is the Prem then all the talk of sustainability won't wash, at least not until the club got there. Just my opinion, okay.

Don’t think Clowes Dev’ will let go of PP anytime soon . £1 mill a year rent on a £25 mill investment is decent . The council own the fields that the training ground are on , I believe . What about “Potential” ?Ipswich and florists spent 20 odd years out of the Prem each . The tractor boys are saying they have sold 100,000 shirts . Would we do that in the Prem and would our fans pay £800 for a season ticket ? Slowly  slowly , I think , will be the way .

48 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think Clowes Dev’ will let go of PP anytime soon . £1 mill a year rent on a £25 mill investment is decent . The council own the fields that the training ground are on , I believe . What about “Potential” ?Ipswich and florists spent 20 odd years out of the Prem each . The tractor boys are saying they have sold 100,000 shirts . Would we do that in the Prem and would our fans pay £800 for a season ticket ? Slowly  slowly , I think , will be the way .

Moor Farm land is owned by Locko Park estate. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

A 4% yield is pretty much at the bottom of the range of what a property company would find acceptable. There's many ways they could improve that, but because it's DCFC that is the tenant, I'm sure they're happy with it. But it's not the best use of £25m they could find.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"The point being fan base, facilities and history mean very little in the grand scheme of things for potential investors, it’s all about how far away we are from being able to seriously challenge for a place in the land of milk and honey and we’re miles away. "

Yep, unfortunately it's true. We need to look to the future and dwell less on the past. The Club is still losing money so the decision has to be where does Clowes want it to be, and if it is the Prem then all the talk of sustainability won't wash, at least not until the club got there. Just my opinion, okay.

I don't think we are miles away from a serious challenge, if a investor ignored the fanbase , facilities, they would be mad 

I never will get why some little clubs get massive  investment. When with the right push Derby are in the top 10 of all the English teams in regards to overall size 

Theres only Leeds who maybe slightly bigger in our league and in the premier I would say 10 in the Premier some of very much the same in size

The only reason we are miles away from the premiership is we lack financial clout 

sad really 

1 hour ago, eddy779h34 said:

I don't think we are miles away from a serious challenge, if a investor ignored the fanbase , facilities, they would be mad 

I never will get why some little clubs get massive  investment. When with the right push Derby are in the top 10 of all the English teams in regards to overall size 

Theres only Leeds who maybe slightly bigger in our league and in the premier I would say 10 in the Premier some of very much the same in size

The only reason we are miles away from the premiership is we lack financial clout 

sad really 

Clubs like Bournemouth and southern clubs are in places where there are already oligarchs and very rich people living what foreign very rich person would be living in the Derby area?

People who are doing business in area like London or living in a nice place like Bournemouth are more likely to buy a club there. We are a small city in middle England that may be part  of it.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

10 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Clubs like Bournemouth and southern clubs are in places where there are already oligarchs and very rich people living what foreign very rich person would be living in the Derby area?

People who are doing business in area like London or living in a nice place like Bournemouth are more likely to buy a club there. We are a small city in middle England that may be part  of it.

Someone invested in Leicester FFS!

2 hours ago, eddy779h34 said:

sad really 

But who would realistically want to invest in Derby County? We have the same potential as about 30 other clubs, and as has been pointed out, Derby is a small city in the middle of the country. The city itself is hardly attractive.

I think I read that Charlton finally got some wealthy people on board. I was always surprised they hadn't attracted mega bucks considering their location.

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But who would realistically want to invest in Derby County? We have the same potential as about 30 other clubs, and as has been pointed out, Derby is a small city in the middle of the country. The city itself is hardly attractive.

I think I read that Charlton finally got some wealthy people on board. I was always surprised they hadn't attracted mega bucks considering their location.

I think realistically at the minute, our only hope is for David Clowes to run the Club like Delia Smith runs Norwich.

She isn't the wealthiest of individuals, but along with the other investors they keep Norwich consistently competitive, and as someone just pointed out, they managed to raise 57 million in transfer sales, so their recruitment is clearly spot on.

The key, to point out the flipping obvious, is to get the key decisions and appointments right.

Also if we are operating with pennies in the transfer market, our academy is absolutely key to any future success. 

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

You could say the same thing for pretty much every town or city centre across the country.

47 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think realistically at the minute, our only hope is for David Clowes to run the Club like Delia Smith runs Norwich.

She isn't the wealthiest of individuals, but along with the other investors they keep Norwich consistently competitive, and as someone just pointed out, they managed to raise 57 million in transfer sales, so their recruitment is clearly spot on.

The key, to point out the flipping obvious, is to get the key decisions and appointments right.

Also if we are operating with pennies in the transfer market, our academy is absolutely key to any future success. 

Agree - although hasn't she just sold Norwich or at least the majority of her stake ?

I have no idea why anyone would invest in a football club if you are looking for a return.

92 professional clubs - I bet if I look at the last set of accounts of all 92, 70 will show a loss, 10-15 superbly run on break even and the others made a profit due to sale of players only…. And unlike a business that isn’t revenue guaranteed every year.

1 hour ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Bournemouth is s*******, full of dossers and scrubbers. The beach is ok, but beyond that it’s the biggest cesspit I’ve visited in the UK

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

The point is that most of those 30 clubs have already got investors whereas we had one but where's the next one. Agreed re: Charlton.

I'm not rushing for it personally but I'm surprised that we haven't had some serious sniffing post Mel.

It wasn't that long ago that Chelsea were a pi55 pot club. Same for a lot of 'em - Bournemouth, Fulham, Leicester - historically smaller clubs than ours but due to investment / smart management, are regarded as decent clubs now. 

27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I have no idea why anyone would invest in a football club if you are looking for a return.

92 professional clubs - I bet if I look at the last set of accounts of all 92, 70 will show a loss, 10-15 superbly run on break even and the others made a profit due to sale of players only…. And unlike a business that isn’t revenue guaranteed every year.

It’s not about making a profit each season (although that’s the long term goal) it’s about the value of the asset. Man City’s owners have invested 1.8 billion in the club to date, the club is now valued at 4 billion and that’s before accounting for the billions of dollars in investment that has poured into Dubai on the back of the ownership of the club. These clubs are huge global brands.