Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

45 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

I expect there’ll be changes for this game but it would be nice if we put out a first choice XI. No way players need resting already and gives the new signings another game to gel 

I don’t think their will be too many changes for this one, Warne will want to try get some momentum going before Saturday’s home game with boro

2 hours ago, littleover ram said:

I expect there’ll be changes for this game but it would be nice if we put out a first choice XI. No way players need resting already and gives the new signings another game to gel 

I agree, but Paul did mention fatigue in his post match interview on Friday night! The poor things, having to run around for a while for a job!

3 hours ago, littleover ram said:

I was just thinking about this.

Personally I wouldn't put out a full 11. I'd like to see Robinson and Brown start. We are playing a decent league 2 side and I think it would be an ideal opportunity to have a look at plan B's in both of them.

They honestly could be like good quality free signings. They just need a chance.

18 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I can understand fans that live a fair way from Pride Park but turning up for this one…. However, with school holidays on, it’s one of those that the club could have encouraged young kids to come to. I know the prices are relatively cheap, but free is cheapest 😂

Didn’t see many kids in our end at Blackburn , we do need more kids coming along . Massive missed opportunity by DCFC for this game . At least the South stand should have been open tonight . And kids coming free with an adult . 

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was just thinking about this.

Personally I wouldn't put out a full 11. I'd like to see Robinson and Brown start. We are playing a decent league 2 side and I think it would be an ideal opportunity to have a look at plan B's in both of them.

They honestly could be like good quality free signings. They just need a chance.

We haven't sorted Plan A out yet!

If Plan B goes well, that might become Plan A, and Plan A drops to Plan B, or ends up in the bin entirely, at which point, we'll need a Plan C... and then we'll all be confused!  

I know I am!  

giphy.gif

Attendance. It's the League Cup. Opening rounds have seen lower crowds everywhere in recent seasons.

I think the club might have missed a trick though. It's a Derbyshire Derby, They'll be bringing a fair contingency. If the South had also been open, and not just the East, I think we'd have sold more than we have so far.

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If Plan B goes well, that might become Plan A, and Plan A drops to Plan B, or ends up in the bin entirely, at which point, we'll need a Plan C... and then we'll all be confused!  

I know I am!  

giphy.gif

I know or presume your only saying it in jest, but unfortunately theirs a lot of truth in it!!🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Attendance. It's the League Cup. Opening rounds have seen lower crowds everywhere in recent seasons.

I think the club might have missed a trick though. It's a Derbyshire Derby, They'll be bringing a fair contingency. If the South had also been open, and not just the East, I think we'd have sold more than we have so far.

Yes I agree, obviously the club are looking to keep the cost down, but I am fairly sure some that normally stand in the South stand will not attend.

I would have thought that to open up at least the top half of the South stand would have been cost effective and certainly would have created a better atmosphere, you have to assume the club have done the costings and know what they’re doing 🤔

As it is we will all be crammed into a very busy near sold out stand with lots of people turning up late cos its an evening kickoff and trying to find their seats cos they don’t normally sit there.

With around 1,400 tickets left most of the most popular seats in the centre of the stand are either sold out or single tickets only, with the least popular area of the ground, the 2 blocks nearest the North stand having around 400 seats left.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is this where Plan A is Awful, Plan B has been Binned and Plan C is crap?

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Bradley Forsyth 

Kenzo Ebou Thompson

Jackson Brown NML

This would be a great opportunity for Brown, and given our problems up front it would be great for him to score a couple and get himself into the team for Saturday. I’m almost certain Warne will go with Collins though.