League 1, 24/25

ram59

Thankfully, league 1 doesn't concern us next season. It's probably just as well, as I believe it's going to be really competitive. 

Firstly, you have the 3 clubs relegated from the Championship, especially Birmingham, with money to burn. Added to that, You've got the usual promotion challengers in Bolton, Peterborough and Barnsley. Then you can add Charlton and Wrexham who seem to be spending decent amounts of money. Then you've got Wigan and Reading who should be recovering from financial problems. Finally, there always seems to be at least one surprise club.

Basically, that's half of the division, who's fans will be expecting promotion. There's going to be a lot of disgruntled fans down there and a number of managerial casualties.

Thank god we got promoted, as I think that it will be tough down there next season.

Bolton fans must be so gutted they didn’t make it out this season. 

it’s going to be a lot tougher next season. Three of the clubs who came up will think they are in with a shout. I’m looking forward to enjoying it from the outside - especially with all the extra games on Sky now. 

A couple of years ago I wouldn’t have considered watching a L1 game on TV but now I feel like a know all of the clubs and have a connection somehow. 

15 minutes ago, Ravanelli said:

Bolton fans must be so gutted they didn’t make it out this season. 

it’s going to be a lot tougher next season. Three of the clubs who came up will think they are in with a shout. I’m looking forward to enjoying it from the outside - especially with all the extra games on Sky now. 

A couple of years ago I wouldn’t have considered watching a L1 game on TV but now I feel like a know all of the clubs and have a connection somehow. 

Good point, I would rather watch Bolton v Wrexham than Fulham v Palace. 

20 hours ago, ram59 said:

Thankfully, league 1 doesn't concern us next season. It's probably just as well, as I believe it's going to be really competitive. 

Firstly, you have the 3 clubs relegated from the Championship, especially Birmingham, with money to burn. Added to that, You've got the usual promotion challengers in Bolton, Peterborough and Barnsley. Then you can add Charlton and Wrexham who seem to be spending decent amounts of money. Then you've got Wigan and Reading who should be recovering from financial problems. Finally, there always seems to be at least one surprise club.

Basically, that's half of the division, who's fans will be expecting promotion. There's going to be a lot of disgruntled fans down there and a number of managerial casualties.

Thank god we got promoted, as I think that it will be tough down there next season.

Yes going to be an interesting league, a mate of mine is a Stockport fan , he thinks they are going to be the dark horses this year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

What in the migraine is going on here?

Someone is going to have a very serious accident trying to negotiate that corridor!  I'd love to see their confined spaces Risk Assessment!  🤣 

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Reading look really impressive. The job Selles has done there is very good. Not going to attempt to spell their striker’s name but he looks a handful

How was that not a back pass from the Reading defender that the keeper picked up? Got away with one there.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

How was that not a back pass from the Reading defender that the keeper picked up? Got away with one there.

Yeah really strange one. Bizarre the keeper picked it up, bizarre the ref didn’t give it. Assume it’s the same keeper who carried on like a clown when Reading came to Derby last season