Kenzo Goudmijn

11 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Wonder if he has been identified by the new Sporting Intelligence Unit? Sure the article mentioned identifying players

Probably too soon for them, but there will have been statistical analysis to choose him as someone to look into. Warne likes players who pass forwards often. I recall him also talking about wanting to add players who will drive forward on the ball from midfield - Goudmijn excels in both of these areas, whilst still having a reasonable defensive impact. He wins a lot of fouls and puts in a high number of crosses - two other factors Warne will look upon favourably.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

A few players in the Championship have moved over from Eredivisie and done well recently, including the best player in the league last season in Crysensio Summerville. 

Ki-Jana Hoever, Kenneth Paal, Zian Flemming, Milan van Ewijk, Wouter Burger, Rav van den Berg, Sondre Tronstad, Joël Piroe... i'm sure there are more, plus I'm sure there are failures, but it has become a league with a genuine pipeline into the Championship over the past half-decade. 

Gustavo Hamer is the one. Can he be ours?

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Probably too soon for them, but there will have been statistical analysis to choose him as someone to look into. Warne likes players who pass forwards often. I recall him also talking about wanting to add players who will drive forward on the ball from midfield - Goudmijn excels in both of these areas, whilst still having a reasonable defensive impact. He wins a lot of fouls and puts in a high number of crosses - two other factors Warne will look upon favourably.

Sounds like the sporting intelligence thing may have been going on for a while in the background but only been announced recently.

'Ed and I have been hugely impressed by the quality of the people who are already at the club,” Bobat says. “Paul and his coaching team did a brilliant job in getting the team promoted last season and we enjoyed getting to know them after coming in in November.' 

Is a quote taken from the following article 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/mo-bobat-the-cricket-supremo-bringing-sporting-intelligence-to-derby

Ok so if he signs, can someone let me know please (and apologies if already covered) is it:

Goldmine

Gowd mine

Goodminge (if it is I'm going to enjoy the RD team with that one!)

Gowd me

Good midge

Or some combination of the above? I never criticise people who pronounce a word wrong, it meant they learnt it by reading, but it would be good to know.

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Ok so if he signs, can someone let me know please (and apologies if already covered) is it:

Goldmine

Gowd mine

Gowd me

Good midge

Or some combination of the above? I never criticise people who pronounce a word wrong, it meant they learnt it by reading, but it would be good to know.

deleted....

Edited by Gaspode

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Goldmine

Gowd mine

Gowd me

Good midge

That last one I had to read twice, bit early for that..

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Goldmine

Gowd mine

Gowd me

Good midge

This one would mess a few commentators up I'm sure !
Not 100% sure but don't the Dutch pronounce 'Goud' phonetically as 'Howd' as in 'cloud'. Second bit I'm even less sure of but think the 'J' is sort of silent, so maybe something like 'maen' ? Just a guess tbh. I'm sure we must have someone on here who actually knows !

43 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Goldmine

Gowd mine

Gowd me

Good midge

Thought I'd linked this in the earlier post but apparently not

Right at the start...

Probably easiest (but not technically correct) for the English speaking to say it as Howd-mine.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Thought I'd linked this in the earlier post but apparently not

Right at the start...

Probably easiest (but not technically correct) for the English speaking to say it as Howd-mine.

Howd mine? Heh I was way off.

Thanks!