Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

4 minutes ago, Magicman said:

This deal seems to be taking ages to be announced ? 

All the news out of the Netherlands suggest it’s a done deal. According to the below tweet one of the big papers out there is saying it’s done.

It’ll be announced when it’s announced, maybe there’s some last minute details to finalise, work permits to secure etc. We’ve just got to be patient. 

23 minutes ago, Topram said:

Looks like he flies tomorrow 

Kenzo Goudmijn (22) continues his career at Derby County. The AZ midfielder, who was loaned to Excelsior last season, was in the interest of several clubs in the Eredivisie, but will sign with the English Championship club until the summer of 2028.

SC Heerenveen, which had a conversation with the player in Ibiza through trainer Robin van Persie, was the most concrete for Goudmijn, who also managed to work for FC Groningen and Go Ahead Eagles. But the player chooses a foreign adventure.

The English pay AZ 820 thousand euros. Last season he played 30 matches for Excelsior. Although Goudmijn was one of the better players in the play-offs for survival, he was unable to prevent relegation.

42 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I’d like to dream that we are holding off on this so we can announce a double capture from AZ.

All this talk of Euros and with England playing the Dutch on Wednesday night makes me think Derby's Admin are working on appropriate links to be announced on Wednesday afternoon perhaps just before the game?

It all sounds good. Things I am liking is age then the fact that he has been in the national youth set up, has had to battle in a relegation team and shone at the same time. 

“Goldmine” is a corker of a name too .. what will be will be … just need Adams, badly ! . Consider .. Hourihan and Bird replaced by these two .. feels right to me somehow ? 

59 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

Went past the first team dressing room earlier and there’s already a name printed locker for him - medical was done last week despite reports today. 
This is completed.

Friday 👍

My favorite bit of any transfer saga is the hysteria on social media when the deal is reported to be done but the club hasn't announced it.

It ranges from 'oh my god we've lost him to another club' all the way through to 'the club are withholding this on purpose to wind the fans up'.

A lot of people just need to chill.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Poor lads been doing a medical for 3 days now. I know Warne likes players to run but this is taking it a bit far. 

Announce the player fgsssss

Maybe we can ask CBT’s mate if he has any sneaky pics from the medical.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Poor lads been doing a medical for 3 days now. I know Warne likes players to run but this is taking it a bit far. 

Announce the player fgsssss

Yeah, I just saw him jogging past Stockport Station with a backpack full of rocks and a guy in a Rams coat and clipboard jogging alongside him making notes.