new fixture list 2024/25

4 hours ago, infoman said:

What does Derby football club request in the new fixture list,obviously not at home on the same day as the club down the road,

anything else?

Do football clubs get to request anything? (genuine question)

4 hours ago, infoman said:

What does Derby football club request in the new fixture list,obviously not at home on the same day as the club down the road,

anything else?

We were at home the same as them most weekends last season 

3 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Leeds at home first match, let’s start with a bang.

On a Friday night would be great .( A win would put you top). Not on the Monday night. Funny how local Derby’s very often landed on Boxing Day . 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Do football clubs get to request anything? (genuine question)

Yes, I've heard that they do. They can request away fixtures to avoid clashes with big local events. 

I believe that Shrewsbury used to request an away game on the weekend of the big local flower show, for instance.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Funny how local Derby’s very often landed on Boxing Day . 

Its deliberate to avoid fans having to travel too far. There are apparently lots of considerations that go into the fixture list. Its not just "computer says!". I don't think clubs have too much say in it but can make requests.

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Its deliberate to avoid fans having to travel too far. There are apparently lots of considerations that go into the fixture list. Its not just "computer says!". I don't think clubs have too much say in it but can make requests.

The football authorities having a concern for fans travelling to away games? That'll never catch on. 😀

I do seem to recall listening to, or watching, a short programme about how the fixtures are initially generated automatically but then someone spends hours manually amending it in order to take account of major events and local rivals not playing at home at the same time.

41 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Yes, I've heard that they do. They can request away fixtures to avoid clashes with big local events. 

I believe that Shrewsbury used to request an away game on the weekend of the big local flower show, for instance.

Flowerpot club.

7 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What’s the furthest away trip next season? Southampton, Portsmouth or Brizzle City? Cardiff and Swansea aren’t the easiest to get to either

Southampton are in the Premier League.