What's your favourite website that isn't sport, news or social media?

And YouTube is social media.

It dawned on me yesterday that I really don't visit that many. Most of my time is spent on news sites, here, the LA Rams message board, and social media, with much of the latter for work.

I'm sad to say that I don't really have any others.

• 2 weeks later...

Ancestry.co.uk - I'm really interested in genealogy.

Britainfromabove.org.uk - thousands of searchable aerial photographs. Some great ones of the BBG before the Ossie and Normanton stands were erected.

Picturethepast.org.uk - a photographic archive of the local area.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Our World in Data to understand global trends quantitatively. With excellent tools to generate and customize all the charts. From Max Roser at Oxford Uni. The tagline is:

"Research and data to make progress against the world’s largest problems" 

https://ourworldindata.org/

I have that saved and used to go there quite often, and simply forgot. about it. I's a great site

I also forgot about IMDb as I tend to use the app, but I'm on there every day.

Posted (edited)

tomshardware. Forums are good for techie queries and get answers quickly. Ebaums world for funny galleries/videos. Some informative ones as well (the "did you know"/"knowledge nuggets" type). Google maps.

Edited by TimRam

22 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I like this site, you can check maps from 1880 to see how the city has developed.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/find/#zoom=12.2&lat=52.92028&lon=-1.42747&layers=102&b=1&z=0&point=52.89429,-1.45837&i=101601672

Their side by side feature is great too! I usually have a satellite image on the right and the historic map on the left so I can pinpoint where things were.

Techspot/Hardware Unboxed 

Nexus Mods (For mods for games) and Race Department (for track/car etc updates for Assetto Corsa)

But, mainly YouTube for me, love going down a rabbit hole but that's not allowed because social media.