Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

On this basis Hladky looks like a decent option.

keepers.png

On that basis Iversen may as well retire and go home. If he's no strengths, is weak at saving both long shots and close-range shots - what defines a medium-range shot?

What a load of old cobblers some of these analyses are!

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Did we sell this one in admin?

I wonder if the stories on selling the future fee % for various players while we were in admin were maybe overblown - we sold Kellyman while we were in strife (forced him out if I remember correctly) but still made sure there was a clause in there rather than taking more up front

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Silly money. Done very little.

English and from an elite club, it always pushes the price up. He could have two seasons of nothing and then in season 3 score 15 and they’d double their money again.

For clubs like us, you almost stand a better chance of getting good money for academy players by selling very young with a good sell-on, than actually keeping the player and introducing them in to the first team. Another negative of modern football.

18 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Ipswich doing smart business imo. Building the best championship side they can for when they inevitably go down so they can have the best shot at coming straight back up. 

Might be better building a premier league side 🤔

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

In summary;

- We’ve been linked with 3 keepers, Marek Rodak (mentioned by @Big Trav as having been shown around the ground along with for West Ham striker Divin Mubama who looks to be joining Trabzonspor), Daniel Iversen and Mathew Ryan with momentum picking up (mainly from sources in the Netherlands) over the last few days that Ryan is joining us on a free.

- Ben Osborn was rumoured, then joined (mentioned by another new-ish ITK in @Round the Houses

- who also said Kayden Jackson was shown around Moor Farm, then he joined. And he/she/they mentioned Harry Souttar and Nigel Longwijk as having been to the training ground also.

- @SECornerRAM mentioned we were interested in Icelandic international Stefán Teitur Thórdarson which was excitingly teased by Danish media this weekend and then quickly ruined by Preston being named as his destination…all of which backs up what was initially said about a club in the north west pipping us to him.

- a number of the supposed “reliable” and more random transfer pages on social media have linked us to several names like Josh Murphy, Herbie Kane, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Windass, Scott McKenna and many others. Some of whom have re-signed with their existing clubs or moved on to join new sides not named Derby County, while others remain free agents so may be on the club’s radar.

- Goudmijn was mentioned via some Dutch Twitter posts that now look to have been on the money.

- most of the rumours suggested Sibley was off, with Rotherham mentioned as a likely destination but he’s since rocked up at what some may say are far more pleasant surroundings in Oxford.

- Collins was going then he wasn’t, Brum and Cardiff mentioned as possible destinations but he’s here for another year.

- rumours are that some people don’t rate Sonny Bradley at all and some others do or at least can see his uses.

- rumours are that some people don’t like ITK posters and some don’t mind it. 

- pretty accurate rumours that I really should spend more time working than I do procrastinating by reading and posting on here. 

I might have missed some. For me the summer rumours are always a bit of fun with some then developing into exciting and/or pragmatic signings, hopefully we get some more in the coming days and weeks. 

Would you be so kind as to make an excellent summary like this every 4 hours or so remembering to send me a reminder text and email should anything of note occur. ? After 7 days of continuous updates the forum (subject to terms and conditions ) will send you some free loyalty prizes including our ever popular shoe inserts, a Dutch Phrase book and a voucher for Bubbles. 

57 minutes ago, Kernow said:

English and from an elite club, it always pushes the price up. He could have two seasons of nothing and then in season 3 score 15 and they’d double their money again.

For clubs like us, you almost stand a better chance of getting good money for academy players by selling very young with a good sell-on, than actually keeping the player and introducing them in to the first team. Another negative of modern football.

Tell that to Florists who got £70 mill for Johnson & Cash . + sell-ons .

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

On this basis Hladky looks like a decent option.

keepers.png

I can't remember when concentrating became such a talking point for a gk. Surely concentrating on the game should be a given.

Then again I remember one game I played in (as a gk) where I went for a quick drink whilst my team were setting up for a free kick on the edge of the opposition 18 yard box, only to look up and see the opposition striker running through on goal in what must have been a rare 1-on-none for the bloke.