Transfer rumours

On 01/07/2024 at 10:31, MauritianMonsta said:

Olbia mate that side - rented a car already I'm used to driving in Europe - did a quad and car few months back In corfu too

Olbia is where we went to.

For seaside, Baja Sardinia....if you like the yachty set Puerto ritondo was ok and had some nice quiet beaches nearby.

San panteleone is a little arty hilltop village with a square and some interesting art shops a bit like wirksworth.

Also enjoyed a day trip by ferry from Palau over to the isola maddalena, but there are plenty of boats hawking day trips.

Love it over there. Have a great time 👍

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Olbia is where we went to.

For seaside, Baja Sardinia....if you like the yachty set Puerto ritondo was ok and had some nice quiet beaches nearby.

San panteleone is a little arty hilltop village with a square and some interesting art shops a bit like wirksworth.

Also enjoyed a day trip by ferry from Palau over to the isola maddalena, but there are plenty of boats hawking day trips.

Love it over there. Have a great time 👍

Spooky.

IMG_1050.jpeg

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Ipswich trying to sign Greaves (and Philogene) from Hull, so doubt they’d want Cashin too. 

And I love Cashin, but I really struggle to see a Premier League player there. Hate to admit that. 

I don’t know, physically, there’s obviously limitations but for his size he still wins the ball in the air at a very good rate. I think his reading of the game is exceptional and his level of consistency for a CB at such a young age is phenomenal.

He can play football too, extremely good range of passing. In terms of everything you want out of a defender, he has it in abundance bar height and quickness.

The problem with Cash is that when he does get turned, he physically hasn’t got a ‘get out of jail free card’ in him. The higher up you go, the more he will get turned, obviously, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least one of our most reliable performers next season and does very well in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t know, physically, there’s obviously limitations but for his size he still wins the ball in the air at a very good rate. I think his reading of the game is exceptional and his level of consistency for a CB at such a young age is phenomenal.

He can play football too, extremely good range of passing. In terms of everything you want out of a defender, he has it in abundance bar height and quickness.

The problem with Cash is that when he does get turned, he physically hasn’t got a ‘get out of jail free card’ in him. The higher up you go, the more he will get turned, obviously, but I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least one of our most reliable performers next season and does very well in the Championship.

He can hit a diagonal, but he’s short and slow, isn’t exactly Lisandro Martinez on the ball. He is just a body on the line guy. 

image.thumb.png.ad2f70a6877171b42c0f96c59867c8dd.png

I've just found this little snippet of information on a Portsmouth site - I believe this was around the time Nixon mentioned we had an agreed loan signing, but he was going to start pre-season at his club. It could be nothing, but if it is something - that's one hell of a signing.  

It maybe does make some sense as he's been injured for a while, so perhaps want him to finish his physio before shipping him out. 

Edited by Ambitious

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

image.thumb.png.ad2f70a6877171b42c0f96c59867c8dd.png

I've just found this little snippet of information on a Portsmouth site - I believe this was around the time Nixon mentioned we had an agreed loan signing, but he was going to start pre-season at his club. It could be nothing, but if it is something - that's one hell of a signing.  

It maybe does make some sense as he's been injured for a while, so perhaps want him to finish his physio before shipping him out. 

Jack Hinshelwood would be a crazily good signing if that's true. 

30 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Am I the only one who doesn't know who Jack Hinshelwood is? I must be getting old.

What sort of player is he @Ambitious ?

I am with you - never heard of him never seen him play - then again it was the same with Mason Mount in all reality who never seems to play at Man U - does he want a loan back here to improve his fitness?

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am with you - never heard of him never seen him play - then again it was the same with Mason Mount in all reality who never seems to play at Man U - does he want a loan back here to improve his fitness?

I remember Adam Hinshelwood who also used to play for Brighton, I'm assuming he must be a relation.

I didn't know Mason Mount either... though I did know Harry Wilson as he'd been excellent on loan at Hull in the prior season.

Edited by Carnero

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I remember Adam Hinshelwood who also used to play for Brighton, I'm assuming he must be a relation.

I didn't know Mason Mount either... though I did know Harry Wilson as he'd been excellent on loan at Hull in the prior season.

It was Paul Hinshelwood at Palace 

Edited by Magicman

48 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Am I the only one who doesn't know who Jack Hinshelwood is? I must be getting old.

What sort of player is he @Ambitious ?

He’s essentially a Warne wet dream. A defensive midfield utility player, who broke into the Brighton side last season playing mostly at full back and scoring three goals in 13 games before getting injured, long-term.

When signing loan players, if you can get one of these genuine elite-level prospects in the Championship then it can make a huge difference, as we well know. I wouldn’t have thought Hinshelwood would’ve been available for a loan move, but I guess with a new manager and him being injured for the majority of last season then who knows.