Transfer rumours

21 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I can find news articles about Liverpool buying Gordon’s sell-on fee but nothing about Man City buying Delap’s.  Maybe we only traded the one to keep us going?

Sure it was sold on.  If it was, based on a 10 million fee minus their initial spend of 1.5 that would probably be removed from the fee we lose about 350k overall.  They turned down an offer of 18 million from Southampton two years ago, so could have been worse. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

@Round the Houses @Big Trav

any Sunday stories for us before a hopefully busy week at Derby

I was at the training ground yesterday and I didn’t hear anything new. Lots of the first team were already in doing final bits of prep to join in training tomorrow. 
I do expect a busy week of incomings from what I heard last week.

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sure it was sold on.  If it was, based on a 10 million fee minus their initial spend of 1.5 that would probably be removed from the fee we lose about 350k overall.  They turned down an offer of 18 million from Southampton two years ago, so could have been worse. 

In the Kaide Gordon thread there’s a Twitter screenshot confirming his was sold on.  Nothing in the Liam Delap thread.  There’s a discussion but the consensus seemed to be that only Gordon’s was sold.

17 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

I was at the training ground yesterday and I didn’t hear anything new. Lots of the first team were already in doing final bits of prep to join in training tomorrow. 

Any sign of Sibley or Collins ?

24 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

Would make sense with us going to Spain soon. Obviously, it doesn’t stop transfers (Kane Wilson joined mid-trip last year) but I’d imagine we would love them in to go out at the same time and do the full week. 

If we sign Goudmijn, Thordarson and Dembele, for example, that puts a completely different slant on our recruitment so far.

It’s more in the Brentford or Brighton style - trying to unearth players that can elevate the team or can be sold on for profit.

Of course it brings no guarantees, but it would bring excitement and intrigue and it only takes one of them to really impress and that could set us up for seasons to come.

It’s good to hear that we are taking that kind of approach.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

@Big Trav any news on Mubama and his chances of coming to derby ? He was released today and I remember he was potentially someone who spoke with Warne ? Would be a great low risk/ high reward signing 

One player Warne loves, pretty sure we’ve been linked in the past. He was one I was told has been around Moor Farm. If he comes in and scores 5-10 goals he’ll be getting a £5+ million pound move. I’d assume lots of champ sides want him though 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

One player Warne loves, pretty sure we’ve been linked in the past. He was one I was told has been around Moor Farm. If he comes in and scores 5-10 goals he’ll be getting a £5+ million pound move. I’d assume lots of champ sides want him though 

Anything other updates @Big Trav

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Got a name for this player? Or the position they play?
Maybe you could give us clues to pass the boredom, post some anagrams of their name, tell us what it rhymes with?

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Yep, we have been linked previously but I have read that a number of teams are interested. Have to wait and see 👍

7 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

the clocks ticking,despite the crucial role ebou played in the promotion,if Cardiff are trying to have our pants down,its time to move on and look elsewhere

i would imagine that one of the two Liverpool lads would have one of empty midfield spots nailed down so unless we are after 6 new midfielders the club wont be dragged into a bidding war to satisfy Cardiff's needs.