Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think you do him an injustice. I don't get the impression that he seeks to curry favour and I suspect that his information comes from more than a single source and is of variable quality. IMO, anyone who assumes that every snippet shared will come to fruition sets too high a bar.

I don't know whether BT is ITK or not, only that a good deal of what he has suggested will happen, has done and for that reason I see no reason to doubt him and I don't understand the need for folk who feel differently to state with certainty that he seeks to deceive anyone. Since it clearly bothers you, perhaps the ignore function would be a more agreeable way forward than openly calling someone you do not know a liar.

Since what bothers me? I clearly stated yesterday that BT shouldn't be removed from the board, his posts are entertaining and fill a dull month...I'm just aware that most of what he says isn't going to happen and its suprisimg how many people hang off his every word.

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"Happy striker day"

aiming gwyneth paltrow GIF

It’s well known that we’d agreed a loan deal for a striker on deadline day and his parent club cancelled it as their own signing fell through.  I think Stephen Pearce mentioned it in his RD interview.  The deal was cancelled at something like 6pm, maybe later, so too late to sort something else out.

He wasn’t wrong or off target.  He was correct when he posted and it was circumstances outside of the clubs control that led to it being cancelled.

At one time, some while back, I thought we were going to sign Ian Storey Moore, from Forest, he was even paraded around the BBG at half time. He never did sign for the Rams he went to Man Utd instead.

its strange how even club managers, in this case Sir Brian himself, can be outflanked by a sudden change of events.

Events can change very quickly in Football👍👍

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

At one time, some while back, I thought we were going to sign Peter Storey Moore he was even paraded around the BBG at half time. He never did sign for the Rams he went to Man Utd instead.

its strange how even club managers, in this case Sir Brian him self, can be outflanked by a sudden change of events.

Events can change very quickly in Football👍👍

And we dodged a bullet there didn't we, because from my recollection he sank without trace.....

21 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Kellyman money will be tidy, we’ll pocket about 4-5 million from it 

20 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Believe Kellyman was £700,000 with 25% clause. Administrations sold Gordon’s only. We still have Delaps for this summer too👀

Even if just a whiff of this is accurate it already shows the benefit of an academy.

Rather than get angry about what has happened in the past that we can’t change let’s get excited that our category 1 academy produced Kellyman, Gordon, Williams, Delap, Archie Brown, James Scanlon… 

10 years ago we gained cat 1 status. I think it won’t take as long this time due to the work done since 2014 on the academy and the reputation we must have built for developing players. I’m excited about who breaks through in 5 years time for us and hopefully in a position to make some serious profit if we’re still in the champ. 

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And we dodged a bullet there didn't we, because from my recollection he sank without trace.....

It was Ian Storey Moore from Forest not Peter Storey Moore, I edited my original post. A good example of how things can change "the chairman rang my wife " 😁

"It was probably the most embarrassing week of my life. In retrospect I can't understand how Forest let me speak to Derby," Storey-Moore said.

"I agreed to sign on the Friday and on the Sunday the chairman rang my wife and said I there was no way I was going there. I think he'd had run-ins with Cloughie before.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-hero-reveals-embarrassment-4939829

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

I think the club have some ambition this season and will surprise us with a few signings. No intel on who other than what I’ve read here. 

I think we’re going to have to wait a few days though . . .

fixtures on Wednesday 26th 👍

shirt reveal on Thursday 27th 👌 

Two or three new faces in the strip on Friday 28th and through the weekend 😊

14 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

It's imminent I tell thee !

Lewis Dobbin has gone to Villa for £10 million . Apart from one wonder goal - he didn’t make much of a impression when playing for us . But it does highlight that the “Purse Strings” will be severely tested in the search for a couple of strikers .