Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Magicman said:

The player I think we should have got was Keifer Moore now at the Blades 

The soon to be 33 year old on Premier League wages who went to a newly relegated promotion favourite? That Kieffer Moore?

Swear our fans are destined to be disappointed when they still expectations we are the team we were under Mel.

13 minutes ago, Magicman said:

This is what I mean - he was with a team that was promoted to the Premier League last year and is now with a team that was in the Premier League last year.

Even though Kieffer Moore might seem like a fairly modest suggestion, he is significantly out of our reach!

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

The soon to be 33 year old on Premier League wages who went to a newly relegated promotion favourite? That Kieffer Moore?

Swear our fans are destined to be disappointed when they still expectations we are the team we were under Mel.

Age is not vital to me but his ability, playing style and experience would be a great help to add whatever it cost . Probably a £ million we miss a CKR striker and a McGoldrick as the 10. Both had long careers before joing us and both delivered.  

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said something in his post match interview about how it could be 7, 14 or 21 days stand down for Cashin if I remember correctly, depending on the further concussion tests.

I don’t know what the protocol is in football here, I know from watching a lot of NRL that they categorise concussions in different levels and if it’s “category 1” a player is automatically ruled out for an 11 day period. Hopefully Cashin is ok and we get an update in the press conference on Thursday(?)

👍 I wish for Cashin to be okay foremost, take as long as is needed, can't mess about with head injuries. 

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Age is not vital to me but his ability, playing style and experience would be a great help to add whatever it cost . Probably a £ million we miss a CKR striker and a McGoldrick as the 10. Both had long careers before joing us and both delivered.  

He signed for £2m a couple of months, and he will be on high wages. You're missing the point entirely. You have unrealistic expectations and are setting yourself up to be disappointed.

33 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree about Woodrow. At the moment Collins is out second choice striker and Woodrow would be a big upgrade on Collins.

Derbyshire live insist Warne will not give up on Michael Smith from the Owls . But I thought Mo-Bob was picking the players  by looking at stats ? If we want to play 10 at the back and just hoof it to the half way line - Smith is the man . 

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

I agree that age wouldnt be a problem, but the cost would, it would probably of drained us and mean we couldnt afford to strengthen anywhere else in the team. But i agree we do miss a CKR or McGoldrick.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Derbyshire live insist Warne will not give up on Michael Smith from the Owls . But I thought Mo-Bob was picking the players  by looking at stats ? If we want to play 10 at the back and just hoof it to the half way line - Smith is the man . 

Derbyshire Live? What's their track record like, other than re-hashing tittle tattle from elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

When was that quote ? I’ve not seen one like that since last January and read DL most days ? I’d thought we had moved on . 

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

He’s supposed to be on absolutely eye watering wages for this level. Which you’d expect considering he’s as close to a certain goalscorer at this level as you’re likely find. 

42 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

How often have you watched Smith? 
Considering he’s already got 1 goal in the championship this season by being inside the widths of the posts when a ball was played in from a dangerous position.

We’re getting close to the stage where any different type of forward is better than nothing and Smith has already shown this season that he can score in the championship.

He will get on the end of crosses, even if he is old in the tooth.

Short term option, as any loan would be.

42 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

By all means prove me wrong but I don’t think there is any evidence that Warne will not give up on Michael Smith. Derbyshire Live have been banging on recently about Wrexham bidding for Smith but have met the same obstacles we did, massive loan fee and full payment of wages but that was just a page filler rather than a statement that we were still interested.