Transfer rumours

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Someone on Twitter mentioned Ianis Hagi who is apparently playing with Rangers' B team and can't start any more games for them without triggering a pay rise;

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/features/24514028.ianis-hagi-rangers-absence-explained-key-wage-clause-revealed/

Probably never in a million years but that's what this thread is about right?

What, that we have been linked?

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Someone on Twitter mentioned Ianis Hagi who is apparently playing with Rangers' B team and can't start any more games for them without triggering a pay rise;

https://www.rangersreview.co.uk/features/24514028.ianis-hagi-rangers-absence-explained-key-wage-clause-revealed/

Scored a hat trick against our kids at the weekend. We wouldn’t be able to afford him. 

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

Was rumoured to be going to Fiorentina a few weeks ago for 2m+

Luton 4-1 down and still Woodrow sits on the bench…

this could be 2 things - he is rubbish and they don’t even want him on or contry he could be on his way out so they don’t want to risk him!

what’s people thoughts? 

39 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Dane Scarlett linked with Oxford loan

I know the Spurs staff are really high on this kid, obviously not happened for him on his loans yet but just sometimes it just clicks for young strikers and they take off. 

Countless examples in recent years, worried that could be the case again here. 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

New ownership I know but if we were in for Corburn I’m sure we’d be the last place Steve Gibson would want him to come too

I think Gibsons main gripe was with Mel, not the club. David Clowes and the club have done lots to tidy up our image in the football world, so I actually think Gibson will get in with our new ownership group. But the fans can still hate and boo him

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

I think Gibsons main gripe was with Mel, not the club. David Clowes and the club have done lots to tidy up our image in the football world, so I actually think Gibson will get in with our new ownership group. But the fans can still hate and boo him

It was more what the fans chanting at him and about him, not just Mel

On 04/08/2024 at 10:01, Chester40 said:

You always get some cleverdick saying eg "I was headhunted by several companies and I didn't mess anyone about "... etc

But I doubt anyone has the choice between several employers in an industry where VERY easily you can be retiring at 35 never having to work again and adored by thousands... or just as easily be unemployed, with bad knees, very few transferable skills and nowt in the bank.

I don't blame anyone for taking their time tbh.

You haven't factored the financial; fact that he is already on more per week than most Derby fans will earn in a year, or two years, and actually hasn't got to worry a single time about his financial future - unless he's stupid, of course.