Transfer rumours

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He’s well liked at Wolves, fits the profile we would be looking at too. Warne not a huge fan on first time loans, though? Although he made an exception for Ozoh. 

He was certainly linked with us last season. But personally I wouldn’t have him as an ‘exciting’ signing.

Blackburn have signed Andi Weimann and Danny Batth on one year deals . They are one of the favourites to go down so seem to be building an experienced Championship team . Like us they are hoping they can bring it all together in the next week . Titan clash next Friday.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

He was certainly linked with us last season. But personally I wouldn’t have him as an ‘exciting’ signing.

Who are you expecting us to sign that you'd deem to be 'exciting"?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Who are you expecting us to sign that you'd deem to be 'exciting"?

Can't really be bothered to scour the leagues or previous pages looking for suggestions but Ross Stewart is one that sticks out.

I'm only making the comment about 'exciting' players as i believe that's Warne said or alluded towards. IMO Fraser doesn't excite me, if he does you then thats your prerogative. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Blackburn have signed Andi Weimann and Danny Batth on one year deals . They are one of the favourites to go down so seem to be building an experienced Championship team . Like us they are hoping they can bring it all together in the next week . Titan clash next Friday.

Seems to be us, Blackburn, Oxford, Portsmouth and Plymouth in a mini league of 'having little funds and a fundamental lack of core championship quality'.

I'm sure during the days of Nigel, the gap between the top and bottom wasn't so huge and i'm including the Newcastle and West Ham teams in that statement. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

They have taken a punt on a few foreigners as well, they will be selling their successful froward from last season soon to pay for all of it.

5 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Ebiowei having a medical with Oxford today according to Football Insider/Pete O'Rourke. I'm mightily impressed with their signings this summer, I think they'll surprise quite a few people. https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-crystal-palaces-malcolm-ebiowei-undergoing-oxford-medical-today/

Mightily impressed? I think that they'll surprise you and finish 24th.

Just now, Carnero said:

Mightily impressed? I think that they'll surprise you and finish 24th.

They've signed players they've had to because quality wise they are miles away, the players they signed no other Champ clubs are really bothered about. They'll be on the wrong side of some absolute spankings this season.

11 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Ebiowei having a medical with Oxford today according to Football Insider/Pete O'Rourke. I'm mightily impressed with their signings this summer, I think they'll surprise quite a few people. https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-crystal-palaces-malcolm-ebiowei-undergoing-oxford-medical-today/

image.png.6107642460c27e02da8fb94c9110ae38.png

Honestly if you swapped Derby for say Bolton on that list of clubs he's been at, nobody would be wanting us to sign him at all. He has done absolutely nothing of any note at all. Yes he has got some decent skills when running with the ball, but clearly there is little to no end product on the end of it. He would not get in our side at all.

24 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Impressed with what exactly. They’ve signed Sibley who let’s be honest if he wasn’t a Ram who gave his all to we’d have had no problem with him going. Kioso who failed to make an impression with Rotherham last year after being recalled. El Mizouni who’s a solid L1 player but wasn’t outstanding. Vaulks is good to be fair to them. Replaced star attacker Murphy with a 33 year old Matt Phillips and Placheta who’s a winger with 3 goals in 76 games in England. Also signed 2 bang average goalies and haven’t improved on a weak centre back selection. If derby had signed these players there would probably be uproar and rightly so.

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Impressed with what exactly. They’ve signed Sibley who let’s be honest if he wasn’t a Ram who gave his all to we’d have had no problem with him going. Kioso who failed to make an impression with Rotherham last year after being recalled. El Mizouni who’s a solid L1 player but wasn’t outstanding. Vaulks is good to be fair to them. Replaced star attacker Murphy with a 33 year old Matt Phillips and Placheta who’s a winger with 3 goals in 76 games in England. Also signed 2 bang average goalies and haven’t improved on a weak centre back selection. If derby had signed these players there would probably be uproar and rightly so.

Agree entirely.

A lot of xG nerds on twitter are loving Oxford's business but to my mind what they're building is a guaranteed top 4 finish next season in League 1.

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Now there's a club not messing about.