Transfer rumours

13 hours ago, inter politics said:

He said the zoom call was not a goalkeeper (could be telling lies like some say) and named other positions we are targeting, which tells me the Zetterstrom deal is done as far as Warne is concerned.

Agree. I don't think the zoom call is with the Zetterstrom. I think that's a different player. Perhaps an overseas loan?

Wonder how Clowes sees the pre-season, I know results mean nothing but so far the overall showings have been shocking. I imagine it won't affect the window plans but we look short of quality IMO. Hopefully we get that bit of quality we need in the last few signings and the remaining friendlies we show something.

My confidence been rocked by fans of just about every other club predicting us to get relegated 😂

Edited by tomsdubs

I don’t think the zoom call is work JWZ. When he said “it isn’t with a goalkeeper no” at the end he did sound serious. Maybe it’s Dembele? Obviously could be anyone but I’d imagine in warnes head JWZ is done as it seems it’s all done bar the medical and announcement. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

On the Leicester forum they think all of these:

a) this is a bargain

b) they'd far rather have him as backup than Ward

c) the club is being stupid financially as he will leave for a free next summer and they'll also have had to pay his wages through the campaign, and they should have taken a reported £900k offer from us.

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

On the Leicester forum they think all of these:

a) this is a bargain

b) they'd far rather have him as backup than Ward

c) the club is being stupid financially as he will leave for a free next summer and they'll also have had to pay his wages through the campaign, and they should have taken a reported £900k offer from us.

I’d imagine it’ll end with us getting JWZ and Iversen going out on loan in the last few days of the window.

Just seen Osula valued at £10m and Newcastle are interested. 

He had almost no technical ability and was barely in control of his limbs for the most part, obviously had his positives when running in behind but if that’s the striker market then I feel sick.

Definitely a case of persevering with Brown, who definitely has more technical ability even if only just to put him in the shop window. 

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

but if that’s the striker market then I feel sick.

It's not the striker market, it's the FFP dodge market. A bottom six League One standard player for £10m would be pushing the boundaries howevwr

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It's not the striker market, it's the FFP dodge market. A bottom six League One standard player for £10m would be pushing the boundaries howevwr

Funny how all these clubs are doing this because they have collectively realised its a loophole they can exploit by selling youth players to other clubs and over inflating the prices.

Remind me again why Derby were penalised for what we did with Bielik and amortisation? 

Cheers again Baron!

This news is hot off the pillow

Have some ITD (In The Dream) info.  During a nap I dreamed that we had signed a tall youngish goalie.  He already had his keeper gloves on his apparently huge hands.  Confidently stated that he understood Derby County were in dire need of a quality keeper and that he was here to handle that issue.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Funny how all these clubs are doing this because they have collectively realised its a loophole they can exploit by selling youth players to other clubs and over inflating the prices.

Remind me again why Derby were penalised for what we did with Bielik and amortisation? 

Cheers again Baron!

Can someone explain this FFP fiddle ?.

Why would a buying club pay over the odds on purpose?

Darren Witcoop done a Q&A on X, a few things ref Derby -

- Zetterstrom isnt our first choice, was looking at someone else (not Iversen)

- We are front runners for Dembele but says ultimately money talks

- The winger he was on about the other day was Poveda who has gone to Sunderland

- Also there was a free agent we were after but he looks to be going elsewhere now

Edited by DCFC1388

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

- The winger he was on about the other day was Poveda who has gone to Sunderland

- Also there was a free agent we were after but he looks to be going elsewhere now

I did think the winger he suggested was Poveda. Also I wonder if warnes zoom call is with Dembele. Sheffield Wednesday and ourselves seem to be the front runners for Dembele but it seems Sheffield Wednesday are putting all funds and effort into getting Ugbo back first. 

15 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Can someone explain this FFP fiddle ?.

Why would a buying club pay over the odds on purpose?

It only works when buying from each other or in a full circle chain. Like when Villa sold to Chelsea and bought one from them. They also sold to Everton and bought one from them.

Both pay inflated prices so it offsets to reasonable fees, but in that years FFP it gives them a huge profit if a home grown player. 

Edited by Mckram

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can’t say I’m bothered about Poveda, looked a right melon in his Sunderland photos. 

Dembele would be good but he’s dragging his heels.