Transfer rumours

23 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

He won't be ours before 1st August then. Still a little while to go on this one then, lads.

Can't find the link now but I read they have already identified his replacement. Maybe they can complete one in and one out before the second leg.

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

Can't find the link now but I read they have already identified his replacement. Maybe they can complete one in and one out before the second leg.

I believe it's the same squad list, doesn't take effect until the next round.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Yeah, that’s the way it works. They can sell him whenever, but they can’t replace his position in the squad until the next registration window before the next round.

Not sure how good their back-up keeper is, but a big Djurgardens win would do us a favour as they’d be more likely to let him go in between.

They’re playing Progres Niederkorn from Luxembourg. I can’t say I’m too familiar with the quality difference between the Swedish and Luxembourg top divisions, but at a guess I’d say a comfortable Djurgardens win wouldn’t be too much of a surprise.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They’re playing Progres Niederkorn from Luxembourg. I can’t say I’m too familiar with the quality difference between the Swedish and Luxembourg top divisions, but at a guess I’d say a comfortable Djurgardens win wouldn’t be too much of a surprise.

They’re from Luxembourg, I’d argue that Djurgardens won’t even need a GK…

24 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They did knock Rangers out of the EL a few years back

38 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

They had to register their squad for both legs by the 21st. They also need to register their squad for the next round by August 4th.

HOWEVER, they can register a maximum of two new players later than those deadlines, provided the quota of homegrown players is met. They need to be registered by midnight before the 1st leg (tonight) - I suspect Djurgardens don't have enough time to sign a replacement.

Hull trying to sign Hughes from Wigan to replace Greaves, I did wonder if hull would try get Cashin to replace Greaves. Hughes is a very similar player to Cashin so hopefully they get him as they might want Cashin if they don’t get Hughes.

6 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Hull trying to sign Hughes from Wigan to replace Greaves, I did wonder if hull would try get Cashin to replace Greaves. Hughes is a very similar player to Cashin so hopefully they get him as they might want Cashin if they don’t get Hughes.

They might ,but other than a higher wage and it was probably trebled only six months ago anyway,  I can't see Hull being an attractive option.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I reckon he’ll be a Derby player before that second leg. 

Just got a feeling we’ll turn the screws after this first play off match is done. 

Wouldn’t say so, they obviously don’t trust their second choice goalie and can’t register a new goalie before the second game. They’re also selling a player to Roma for 4 million so doubt they’re in a major rush for funds.

30 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wouldn’t mind Hughes as the Centre Half we sign 

Pathetic rumour providence (sorry) but I hear that Crawley Town are in for a Rams midfielder. No further details.

Fornah maybe? Or perhaps Thommo?

Apologies for the crap info. I'm doing a Nixon on us.

EDIT: Sorry, should have mentioned that likely to be a loan!

Edited by StarterForTen

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Wouldn’t say so, they obviously don’t trust their second choice goalie and can’t register a new goalie before the second game. They’re also selling a player to Roma for 4 million so doubt they’re in a major rush for funds.

Perhaps. I just have a feeling we won’t want to wait until less than a week before the season begins for such a key role. 

35 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Perhaps. I just have a feeling we won’t want to wait until less than a week before the season begins for such a key role. 

Waiting for two weeks will likely be better than moving on to a new target and going through all the negotiations for someone who is further down our list of targets. 

I don't see the big deal.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The main issue is building chemistry with the CBs - something you won't gain by playing games for another club, or in training.

We’ve signed a GK later.  Wasn’t Bywater signed the day of the game?  I have a feeling it was a late kick-off on Sky away at Hull?