Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Why rightly so? What did he do last season that stood out for you and made him worthy of the England shirt?

Because I believe he is one of the best English CBs we've had for the past 2-3 years who should've been given more of a look in. If you look at his stats for last season (on Footystats)and compare him to say Stones, Maguire and Guehi, he's on a par, if not better in several areas. Stones' figures are perhaps a little moot when you consider who he has in front of him. 

Anyway, it's my opinion tis all. Nowt more. 

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He's posting training sessions for his new GK academy at Pride Park so is obviously involved with the club in some form, even indirectly. Still not exactly sure what access goalkeeper coaches like Loach would have to prospective Derby signings. Zetterstrom might have already been for a look around and met Loach while at the training ground, otherwise I don't see how Loach coaching young keepers would overlap with Zetterstrom's interests to be honest.

They could’ve met down the local clubhouse. It’s often frequented by those who must be mad. Can be seen kicking random posts, gesticulating with their arms and shouting “squeeze”. The call it the Goalkeeper’s Union. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

They could’ve met down the local clubhouse. It’s often frequented by those who must be mad. Can be seen kicking random posts, gesticulating with their arms and shouting “squeeze”. The call it the Goalkeeper’s Union. 

Our Jacob is obviously very invested in the future of East Midlands goalkeeping already. A real asset to our club.

I’m waiting for him to start following Chris Weale before I know everything is signed and the ink is dry though.

Must say it’ll be some week if we get Ozoh (done), Zetterström (apparently near done) and a LWB on loan. 
I think we’d be well equipped for the new season then, and we can then take time signing a new CB, ST, AM/winger and maybe a further cm or tieing Luthra down as a third choice option. 

18 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Must say it’ll be some week if we get Ozoh (done), Zetterström (apparently near done) and a LWB on loan. 
I think we’d be well equipped for the new season then, and we can then take time signing a new CB, ST, AM/winger and maybe a further cm or tieing Luthra down as a third choice option. 

Dont make me mention Dembele. 

25 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Would be great to get those two over the line this week. Warnes building a tough squad, a team that's going to be hard to break down, building from the back as they say! My only worry remains where the goals are going to come from, I can't see Yates, Jackson, Collins, Brown & Washington getting 25 between them. Still plenty of time to get another forward in and I'm glad we haven't thrown millions at it again. Decent midtable finish will do me

We’ve done some good business, especially adding JWZ and Ozoh (if we do). I think it certainly makes us competitive but still feel like we need more to cover all eventualities. 

I still feel that we’re likely to be in a relegation battle with how things are, so need to know take steps to make sure we should be clear of it.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

He's posting training sessions for his new GK academy at Pride Park so is obviously involved with the club in some form, even indirectly. Still not exactly sure what access goalkeeper coaches like Loach would have to prospective Derby signings. Zetterstrom might have already been for a look around and met Loach while at the training ground, otherwise I don't see how Loach coaching young keepers would overlap with Zetterstrom's interests to be honest.

Believe I've seen a pic of him at a recent u21s friendly in Derby training kit - would expect this means we've taken him as part of the youth set up.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I agree. A LWB has to be the priority either a loanee or permanent signing.

I also agree we ideally could do with another CF but is more of a luxury signing which we can wait for.

We're echoing a bit of the Billy Davies side at the minute.  A side that was very solid at the back going up and not strengthening the attack enough for the next level.  That's were you come unstuck, as the higher you go, you need to be in a position where you can increase your goal threat.  Our current strikeforce will get eaten up at this level without more power and pace and that will put  pressure on a defence who will concede more inevitably.  A target man proven at this level and some youthful pace with goal product still required,  I'm thinking we have maybe 20 goals from our strikers at the minute and that's optimistic.  

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be more correct, I filtered through a wide range of different [publicly available] stats to decide what I felt best suited a Warne type team, made a judgement on which leagues/countries we would be looking at, filtered throigh the long list of players based on stats, then analysed the key stats of my shortlist for that position, ranked those players based on that analysis, validated my own opinions by and match footage I could find and other historical stats (ideally in recent seasons at a similar level), then removed any I didn't like the look of from my shortlist, before finally sharing my suggestions on this forum.

So no... I didn't use "someone else's analysis".

Yeah, of course you did. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We're echoing a bit of the Billy Davies side at the minute.  A side that was very solid at the back going up and not strengthening the attack enough for the next level.  That's were you come unstuck, as the higher you go, you need to be in a position where you can increase your goal threat.  Our current strikeforce will get eaten up at this level without more power and pace and that will put  pressure on a defence who will concede more inevitably.  A target man proven at this level and some youthful pace with goal product still required,  I'm thinking we have maybe 20 goals from our strikers at the minute and that's optimistic.  

Can’t remember where I read it but a few years ago somebody did some analysis that said if you’re going to spend £10m on a player you should buy the best defender you can rather than the best striker you can as over the season it’d win more points. 

Never concede = never lose 

24 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Can’t remember where I read it but a few years ago somebody did some analysis that said if you’re going to spend £10m on a player you should buy the best defender you can rather than the best striker you can as over the season it’d win more points. 

Never concede = never lose 

Beilik (£10m) was said to be the “ Player that guarantees promotion”. The “Beast” was played at the back by Cocu , who said he was not fit enough for midfield . At the same time , we could have had Ollie Watkins for £4 m. Hindsight is a wonderful thing . 

Hopefully kenzo and this swedish keeper ( if joins ) are successful the analytics department or Thomas are earning their money and we could me onto a Brentford type model which could prove financially rewarding for the club and successful on the pitch. Also advantage of Scandinavia and Netherlands is they speak better English than me