Transfer rumours

The exciting thing is I have no idea where we’re headed with the new signings. We could be in a relegation or promotion battle. Not sure about Dembele, he looks small. Goodminge is an unknown quantity. Guess we have to trust the clubs judgement. I think we will be competitive but hoping there is still time for some star quality up front, probably on loan. 10 games in before we have an inkling of the reality. Absolutely anything can happen. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Edited by Matchday Fred

17 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The same player who was in the provisional England squad for the Euros? 😂😂😂😂. Rolls Royce of a player who you’d think will be in and around the first team squad this season. 

We will be asking Man U next if they fancy sending Mason Mount our way so we can help get him back up to speed, after all, he will be very familiar with the likes of Normanton Road and the delightful food on offer.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We will be asking Man U next if they fancy sending Mason Mount our way so we can help get him back up to speed, after all, he will be very familiar with the likes of Normanton Road and the delightful food on offer.

😂😂 let’s get Tomori back too if we’re aiming for the next wave of England CB’s. Off topic but it’s scandalous that he wasn’t at the Euros. 

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

😂😂 let’s get Tomori back too if we’re aiming for the next wave of England CB’s. Off topic but it’s scandalous that he wasn’t at the Euros. 

Totally agree, we live in a world now where a player only has to have a double-barralled surname and to have visited Crystal Palace once and they get called up to the England squad.

Tomori has played nearly 90 games for AC Milan, AC Milan don't do poor centre backs.

51 minutes ago, O'hare is the goat said:

No idea if it’s true or not.

The problem with twitter and things like this is some fans, none on here I must say, will see this, think its true and then when Bradley starts or we sign another centre half will say things like " what happened to quansah we were getting?" "Warne won't like his favourite Bradley losing his place", "thought it was all agreed Warne has no pulling power", "clowes trying to do it on the cheap we are going down"

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

The problem with twitter and things like this is some fans, none on here I must say, will see this, think its true and then when Bradley starts or we sign another centre half will say things like " what happened to quansah we were getting?" "Warne won't like his favourite Bradley losing his place", "thought it was all agreed Warne has no pulling power", "clowes trying to do it on the cheap we are going down"

I suspect anyone looking at that tweet and believing it would have found something else to get angry about regardless, because it's so obviously nonsense that I'm not sure anyone could really believe it.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Totally agree, we live in a world now where a player only has to have a double-barralled surname and to have visited Crystal Palace once and they get called up to the England squad.

Tomori has played nearly 90 games for AC Milan, AC Milan don't do poor centre backs.

Criminal. Put alongside not taking a fit left back Southgate shouldn’t have been in a position to step down. But that’s a different matter as Southgate made them all mates, nothing to do that club rivalry between players doesn’t really exist between players any more. They’re all mates off the field regardless of club. But we’ll credit Gaz with it. 👏

Edited by ollycutts1982

19 minutes ago, samtheram83 said:

Quansah has to be the wildest rumour I've heard in a very long time!

I'm assuming we're signing him as our bids for Branthwaite and Colwill weren't accepted? 🤣

Damn clowes trying to do it on the cheap. We are going down......😇

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

He is unlikely to move to a  championship side given his appearances at LFC.

It happens.  Wisdom was captain of England U21'S and had played regular for Liverpool before he came here on loan.  We are one of the more attractive clubs in terms of playing regularly in front of a pretty large expectant crowd in this league.  McClaren was a big pull as a coach, known to improve the level of players at an already very high level.  Sending youngsters here would seen as fast tracking their competency for the best standard under him.