Transfer rumours

Might be a stretch, but listening to the Warne interview on Rams Daily @ 2:50 in, it sounds like Thommo could be loaned out?

Warne - "I've signed 3 midfielders in front of him (Fornah), and also obviously Thommo, and he knows I'm going to sign somebody else too. There's not many managers that sign players currently below what they've currently got (quality wise)."

14 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

Might be a stretch, but listening to the Warne interview on Rams Daily @ 2:50 in, it sounds like Thommo could be loaned out?

Warne - "I've signed 3 midfielders in front of him (Fornah), and also obviously Thommo, and he knows I'm going to sign somebody else too. There's not many managers that sign players currently below what they've currently got (quality wise)."

Dunno. He also said that he was happy for Fornah to stay and fight for a place in the first XI. I think unless Thompson asks for a loan move away then it won't happen.

17 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

Doubt it as he said if we sign someone now we’ll have 6 very good options and I wouldn’t have minded if he had 7.

3 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

From what I’m led to believe, it’s Alfie Devine that will be speaking with Paul Warne. He’s admired him for a while and even watched him at England Under 20s level. 

I did see spurs sources confirming him, Jamie donley and Ashley Phillips are all set to go out on loan soon.

8 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

From what I’m led to believe, it’s Alfie Devine that will be speaking with Paul Warne. He’s admired him for a while and even watched him at England Under 20s level. 

I did say we will spend all summer trying to sign players and will end up signing crap from Tottenham 🤣

Although I honestly don't know how good this lad is tbf, he could be amazing for all I know.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I did say we will spend all summer trying to sign players and will end up signing crap from Tottenham 🤣

Although I honestly don't know how good this lad is tbf, he could be amazing for all I know.

Coincidentally I'm currently sat opposite a Spurs fan who, when asked, just described him as a 'right talent'. So there you go 😂

Originally from Wigan and was on loan last season at Port vale and Plymouth - if after a warne chat the lad wants to come her I hope he is superb because most youngsters from Tottenham do not seem to up to it in men’s football - yet attacking central midfielders don’t seem to suit Warne as he hardly gave a natural and now established footballer in Sibley a proper go there with a decent striker up front.

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He's a good player. Started last season on loan at Port Vale, did well, and then Spurs recalled him to send him to the Championship with Plymouth.

His stats aren't mind-blowing in terms of G+A, but fans from all those clubs seem to rate him highly.

Edited by Scott129

On 13/08/2024 at 21:19, DCFC1388 said:

Like i said in the match thdead, he could do with a loan to a team where he will get game time but has an experienced scorer to learn off. McGoldrick & Notts Co would be good, as wood Sharp & Doncaster or Grigg & Chesterfield

If he goes out, big if currently, then I'd agree and it's a good point that selecting a club with a potentially willing mentor makes a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Suggests we're doing our research, to me.

If those numbers are accurate, and we were looking for 10-12 new signings, that would suggest 3-4 targets per signing. 

PW is frustrated, and I'm sure he would have much preferred to have them all in for preseason. Was never going to happen, mind.

Like most managers he hates the window -dont we all? 

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm the opposite. The next two weeks and the last week of January are the most interesting time of the season!

I thought that the last few games of last season were more interesting!

2 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Dembele and maybe the West Ham lad 

Makes sense. Mubama is a London lad and it's a 40 minute train ride, or a 1 hour drive back home. Perhaps that plays into it, given he remains in West Ham's emploi and is likely still hopeful of making a breakthrough there.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Coincidentally I'm currently sat opposite a Spurs fan who, when asked, just described him as a 'right talent'. So there you go 😂

Everton fans say this about every player as well.  The ones I know seem to be in total shock when they get loaned to Blackpool and can be found wandering around the home of the bewildered 12 months later.  Tranmere as it's better known.