Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Definitely have to get Robinson and Dajaune out on loan. 

Wards a weird one it would be great business to get a good fee for him but then we have to replace him.

Fornah should definitely go for himself 

Well Ward isn’t really going to get much game time is he? Wilson will be before him in the pecking order and Nyambe can actually defend - currently Brown should be playing for us whilst Fornahs days were numbered as soon as he couldn’t even get a spot on the bench - Robinson appears to have a lot of players in front of him in central midfield and needs to play. 

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well Ward isn’t really going to get much game time is he? Wilson will be before him in the pecking order and Nyambe can actually defend - currently Brown should be playing for us whilst Fornahs days were numbered as soon as he couldn’t even get a spot on the bench - Robinson appears to have a lot of players in front of him in central midfield and needs to play. 

Hes not going to get much game time but he’s a useful player who can play all down the right side and if one of Wilson or Nyambe was to get injured we’d be screwed without him.

Id keep Dajaune until deadline day or as good as and then get him out on loan with a view to recalling him in January.

58 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

DRobinson helps to cover the CB and RB positions too. Woth Rooney's new injury amd Ward still recovering, we don't have the depth to loan him out just yet. I think we'll send him to L2 once Ward's fit enough to play and we've signed a CB.

I'm not surprised a host of L1 clubs are after Brown - that's the level I see him at and it'll make sure he's continues to develop at the right pace.

4 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

Nothing concrete yet 

There has been a lot going on this week, I try not to post until things are a bit further down the line. 

There has probably been 40 players in Moor Farm etc over the past couple of months 

Often times you tend to see some of the ones that came in early doors, with high wage demands etc, change what they're looking for as the season approaches. Additionally Prem Loans are likely to be the week before Blackburn / the following week - with the transfer window open until 30/08/24 (still ridiculous for me).  

Club will likely be pushing for CB's too - feel light and Rooney looks like he has a knock again - don't know timescales but it doesn't sound like weeks. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of outs before Blackburn - don't expect to see 'core players' leave unless stupid offers come in  

Birmingham have been big fans of Joe Ward - they might pay over the odds 
Robinson has a lot of loan suitors 

Daj has almost every club in league one enquiring it seems (loan)

Fornah - best for all parties if he goes 

Appreciate the update! Id keep Ward around as he will need replacing as one of the wing backs if we let go.

It sounds like the 3 the signings we are hopeful of before Blackburn are all loans? Guess that rules out Dembele then.

Are you confident with the names you have heard that we will be brining in the necessary quality in Attacking Midfield & Center Forward?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Brown will be loaned out with Fornah Robinson & Washington.

Sunderland have made an enquiry to sign Brown on a perm, not to be unexpected but that’s come from the same guy that told me about Zetterstrom and sorting permits so no reason to doubt him. 

36 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Sunderland have made an enquiry to sign Brown on a perm, not to be unexpected but that’s come from the same guy that told me about Zetterstrom and sorting permits so no reason to doubt him. 

Was in the papers up there that both Sunderland and Newcastle had an eye on Brown and I know there was talk about it in one of the Sunderland forums. Hopefully we told them to go do one.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Was in the papers up there that both Sunderland and Newcastle had an eye on Brown and I know there was talk about it in one of the Sunderland forums. Hopefully we told them to go do one.

Couldn’t understand why Warne never gave Brown an opportunity to show what he could do .Especially in those pathetic Papa Jon’s games . If Spain can play a 16 year old , don’t tell me he is too young . 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Couldn’t understand why Warne never gave Brown an opportunity to show what he could do .Especially in those pathetic Papa Jon’s games . If Spain can play a 16 year old , don’t tell me he is too young . 

"You don't win anything with non-spanish kids"

-Alan Hansen 1995 😉

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

TBH, Brown isn't anywhere near Lamal's level. He's got great promise but, provided we get another striker in, a loan until January in L1 is probably best for his development.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Warne has no interest in academy players, Brown, Robinson and Weston could and should have had a chance by now, all seem to be going out on loan.  I'd wager at least 2 of them won't be here next season.

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warne has no interest in academy players, Brown, Robinson and Weston could and should have had a chance by now, all seem to be going out on loan.  I'd wager at least 2 of them won't be here next season.

Sad but seems to be true. I get that management is hard because you are ultimately judged on how the first team performs, but some of those games were a chance to see if you could strengthen the first team at very little risk. And it was never taken. Missed opportunity. I feel gir all three of those. Playing them can also massively boost transfer value, allowing you to sell and buy others if you don't especially rate them but think others might. For instance Newcastle and Sunderland looking at Daj on a permanent. 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Ward has a good engine and is the only player we have who can put a good cross in at pace, without needing to make space or go past a player.  We don't have the pace up top to give that outlet the best return .  Keep Ward and get the pace in. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ward has a good engine and is the only player we have who can put a good cross in at pace, without needing to make space or go past a player.  We don't have the pace up top to give that outlet the best return .  Keep Ward and get the pace in. 

Yates is plenty fast enough, as is CBT, NML and Jackson. Ward has his use, but if a good offer is there, it is a position we can let go

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yates is plenty fast enough, as is CBT, NML and Jackson. Ward has his use, but if a good offer is there, it is a position we can let go

I think it would be a massive retrograde step to let him go with his crossing ability.  We can get rid of CBT instead . He's from Birmingham, shouldn't be much convincing.

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think it would be a massive retrograde step to let him go with his crossing ability.  We can get rid of CBT instead . He's from Birmingham, shouldn't be much convincing.

Just don’t think you can pick a player when it’s for one attribute. He’s plenty replaceable. 29 next month, you sell if you have a reasonable offer.