Transfer rumours

19 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

Haven’t got names I’m afraid but after being in yesterday, the updates are as follows:

•2 players have completed medicals at the club, due to be announced early next week

•GK isn’t one of them

•Washington has had surgery in the off-season to correct the nagging issue of last year so any thoughts about offloading him are far from realistic. 

Hopefully Adams and kenso

2 hours ago, Round the Houses said:

Haven’t got names I’m afraid but after being in yesterday, the updates are as follows:

•2 players have completed medicals at the club, due to be announced early next week

•GK isn’t one of them

•Washington has had surgery in the off-season to correct the nagging issue of last year so any thoughts about offloading him are far from realistic. 

Surely if he needed the surgery we’d help him no matter if we’re keeping him or not ?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Surely if he needed the surgery we’d help him no matter if we’re keeping him or not ?

I think it's more that until he proves his fitness (again) no-one else is going to be gullible to take a punt on him so we are lumbered.

Edited by Chester40

Posted (edited)

I am still interested to see which we go when comes to bringing in a goalkeepers. Ryan, Iversen and Rodak seem the obvious three.

Edited by Ram1988

10 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I am still interested to see which we go when comes to bringing in a goalkeepers. Ryan, Iversen and Rodak seem the obvious three.

I'd be happy with any of those. I think Ryan would be a great signing though.

20 hours ago, eccles the ram said:

He still could do a job for us. Even though it's for free kicks only. 

More than 60 free kicks taken by him at Euros and World Cups. Scored from ONE.

10 hours ago, samtheram83 said:

I'd be happy with any of those. I think Ryan would be a great signing though.

I’d want Ryan as my first choice out the three, for a couple of reasons: 1) we let a lot of leadership walk out the door after promotion and Ryan would walk into the club and instantly be one of the dressing room leaders, doubtfully the same for Iversen or Rodak. 2) he’s got excellent distribution and if the plan (as we suspect) is to hit teams on the counter with speed then his long range passing could be a key component. Again, I don’t know enough about Iversen or Rodak if they have the same traits - I suspect iversen struggles with that aspect, but is a big body, great shot stopper. 

Nevertheless, if we get one of those three, it’s a fantastic signing irrespective of which one it is. We sign Ebou and upgrade the keeper, we have the same defensive unit that was almost impenetrable towards the back end of the season. It’s a very solid foundation and we know will keep us competitive in games. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We sign Ebou and upgrade the keeper, we have the same defensive unit that was almost impenetrable towards the back end of the season. It’s a very solid foundation and we know will keep us competitive in games. 

Cough * Sibley * Cough

😜

17 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

More than 60 free kicks taken by him at Euros and World Cups. Scored from ONE.

The fact he overshadows Juninho in the free kick conversation is sad. That guy treated free kicks like penalties 😂

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d want Ryan as my first choice out the three, for a couple of reasons: 1) we let a lot of leadership walk out the door after promotion and Ryan would walk into the club and instantly be one of the dressing room leaders, doubtfully the same for Iversen or Rodak. 2) he’s got excellent distribution and if the plan (as we suspect) is to hit teams on the counter with speed then his long range passing could be a key component. Again, I don’t know enough about Iversen or Rodak if they have the same traits - I suspect iversen struggles with that aspect, but is a big body, great shot stopper. 

Nevertheless, if we get one of those three, it’s a fantastic signing irrespective of which one it is. We sign Ebou and upgrade the keeper, we have the same defensive unit that was almost impenetrable towards the back end of the season. It’s a very solid foundation and we know will keep us competitive in games. 

The general consensus appears to be that Iversen isn't the best in regards to distribution

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Dcfcofficial posting a video reminding us that we signed Sonny Bradley and Conor Washington a year ago today… what a double signing that was! 😂😂

I think Bradley will play a role for us at the back. Experienced in championship and a big physical presence especially in the air.

I'd look to move Wash on though 

24 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think Bradley will play a role for us at the back. Experienced in championship and a big physical presence especially in the air.

I'd look to move Wash on though 

If Bradley is playing a role for us this season then we may as well give up already. Genuinely terrible player.