Transfer rumours

8 hours ago, Vyrdasm said:

Jack Hinshelwood from Brighton more or less done. Loan for 1 year. I'm told. Announcement next week. 

Brilliant news to wake up to . Coming from one of the best teams in the Prem for playing out from the back . He wouldn’t be allowed to come if we were going to hoof it over midfield . He won’t be cheap - he is on a new contract of around £25k a week and a possible loan fee of £2 mill. Will Hughes style player we used to produce . 

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

What about the “Add Value “ bit ? He could be a better player at 35 , after all NML will be 34 by the time his contract ends . 

The add value is interesting. If a player is on a free the only cost is whatever you pay in wages above the average wage. There’s not really any value to add if he hasn’t cost you anything ?  It’s got to be a good deal if he adds to the performance of the squad without disrupting the wage structure.
This applies to NML or any new, older player. 
It only goes wrong if we have to pay money for an older player. then you have cost with no return. 

52 minutes ago, jono said:

The add value is interesting. If a player is on a free the only cost is whatever you pay in wages above the average wage. There’s not really any value to add if he hasn’t cost you anything ?  It’s got to be a good deal if he adds to the performance of the squad without disrupting the wage structure.
This applies to NML or any new, older player. 
It only goes wrong if we have to pay money for an older player. then you have cost with no return. 

I understand you need players like Hourihane or Smith , that are worth their wages . But I was thinking more about signing players like Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney that can make you £50 million .(Added Value ).

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Brilliant news to wake up to . Coming from one of the best teams in the Prem for playing out from the back . He wouldn’t be allowed to come if we were going to hoof it over midfield . He won’t be cheap - he is on a new contract of around £25k a week and a possible loan fee of £2 mill. Will Hughes style player we used to produce . 

Can't see us spending £2m on a loan fee.  But agree he would probably cost that much.

Would be utterly gobsmacked if this were true.

2million or anything over 500k spunked on a loan fee would be absolutely crazy in our position. You would only do that as a championship club if it were with a view to getting promotion. At the moment we are looking to consolidate while finding some players that we can buy then add value to. This would just be money down the drain

Would rather go for Bobbie Clarke to be fair! Hinshelwood looks like a versatile cm who has played Rb LB and across the middle. He has played in the premier league granted. But shouldn’t we be giving Darren Robinson a chance? Exactly the same age and has had Villa sniffing around him…… 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Hope the Hinshelwood link isn’t part of a deal for Cashin.

I was wondering if it might be a loan to sweeten "first refusal deals"

There is no doubt that clubs above our level monitor our academy for talent at pretty much every age group as its been reported thst we have scouts at every one of our academy games.

Clubs do ask for first refusal on players and fee match clauses. Maybe we get hinshelwood loan for nothing if we formally agree that Brighton have first refusal on academy players if other clubs try to sign them. Ie. If villa offer for Robinson, Brighton can have him first if they want for the same fee.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

More chance of knitting piss than us spending £2,000,000 English pounds on a loan fee. 

Perhaps this is a sweetener to oil the wheels of a new Cashin offer? 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

More chance of knitting piss than us spending £2,000,000 English pounds on a loan fee. 

Perhaps this is a sweetener to oil the wheels of a new Cashin offer? 

I think that if Cashin can prove he is a Championship defender between now and Xmas , an offer could come for him. He will now be up against the likes of Patrick Bamford , who he will have to have in his pocket if he is to make the grade in the Prem . 

10 hours ago, Vyrdasm said:

Jack Hinshelwood from Brighton more or less done. Loan for 1 year. I'm told. Announcement next week. 

I'm guessing that this is the midfielder loan that Nixon wasn't sure that they will spend preseason with us or the parent club. Brighton have a preseason tour of Japan in late July so it could be that we don't see him until then.

11 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Omari Kellyman linked with Chelsea and Villa want 20 million. Do we have a sell on fee does anyone know ?

I bet we sold it. Or didn't insist on one on the first place in our (the administrators) zeal to get the kid out of the door for whatever money we could get

14 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Omari Kellyman linked with Chelsea and Villa want 20 million. Do we have a sell on fee does anyone know ?

Well that's a bit depressing isn't it, oh what could've been if our club was run right! 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

I understand you need players like Hourihane or Smith , that are worth their wages . But I was thinking more about signing players like Ollie Watkins or Ivan Toney that can make you £50 million .(Added Value ).

Oh yes 👍🏼 ! I really do hope we unearth a real gem, a proper find. It can happen but it’s never easy.  I love it when we sign someone and everyone says .. “one for the under 21’s” .. Me secretly hoping “this is the wonder kid that no one saw” 😊