Transfer rumours

45 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sibley makes Ben Osborn look like Jude Bellingham.

Jude Bellingham makes Sibley look like Hey Jude.

I’ve not seen Osborn play often enough to shape an opinion but I can’t see Bellingham struggling to get into Sheffield United’s first team.

15 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

It has to be either Ebou Adams or Ben Osborn nixon is hinting at. I would perhaps love to have both and feel they would make two thirds of a solid midfield.

Alan Nixon is saying we are after Ben Osborn and are competing with Watford.

28 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Alan Nixon is saying we are after Ben Osborn and are competing with Watford.

I thought Nixon said we will have some good news today or something? I presume it would be in regards to a signing.

1 hour ago, Ram1988 said:

I thought Nixon said we will have some good news today or something? I presume it would be in regards to a signing.

He was asked if he had any Derby news, said “yes, out on Sunday” (when he publishes his stories), someone asked him if it’s about a player and he said “a player you want”;

He never specified anything more than that as is his way, he wants people either buying the paper he works for or paying for his Patreon to get the news.

The story published today, through the channels mentioned, says we’re competing with Watford to sign Ben Osborn on a free, which is being backed up by some of the forum ITK’s;

Could be a genuine link or could be speculation and hearsay. Hopefully we won’t have to wait much longer to find out when it comes to new additions. 

45 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

The trouble is, can we compete with the wages that Watford and other established Championship clubs can offer?

the best hope we would have for signing Osborn would be the pull of the club he supports.

i agree. not sure of his personal life but if hes got a young family he may want to stay local. that might make up for lesser wages. on the other hand. at 30. he may think this is his last decent contract 

28 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

All speculation aside Sunday has come and gone with no updates from Nixon.

Saturday he said in reply to someone on Twitter that he had a story about Derby being interested in a player, Sunday he put that story out saying Watford and us are interested in Ben Osborn, he’s done exactly what he said he would do…. What were you expecting out of interest? 

7 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The trouble is, can we compete with the wages that Watford and other established Championship clubs can offer?

the best hope we would have for signing Osborn would be the pull of the club he supports.

Watford are begging fans to buy 12 pound shares until they sell 10% of the club to help fund transfers. I don’t think they’re in a great place financially.

Regarding Nixon, he weirdly does all of his stories on a patreon which you have to pay to access. Some of his stories end up in the paper for free. But the reason why he’s so cryptic at the weekends is for this reason.

37 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Watford are begging fans to buy 12 pound shares until they sell 10% of the club to help fund transfers. I don’t think they’re in a great place financially.

If they're hoping to sell 10% of the club to the fans, they're either deluded on the number of fans they have or what they value the club at, is very low.

If the club was only valued at 10 million, they'd need to sell over 80 thousand shares to hit the 10% target.

32 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Regarding Nixon, he weirdly does all of his stories on a patreon which you have to pay to access. Some of his stories end up in the paper for free. But the reason why he’s so cryptic at the weekends is for this reason.

Nothing to do with the fact that he actually knows very little then?

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

If they're hoping to sell 10% of the club to the fans, they're either deluded on the number of fans they have or what they value the club at, is very low.

If the club was only valued at 10 million, they'd need to sell over 80 thousand shares to hit the 10% target.

They are offering 10% of shares, with no voting rights, dividends payable, and absolutely no say in how the club is run. 

All for £17.5m pounds.

48 minutes ago, Rev said:

They are offering 10% of shares, with no voting rights, dividends payable, and absolutely no say in how the club is run. 

All for £17.5m pounds.

Maybe the moneys running out for them, usually go for foreign managers or poach managers now have a player who they’ve made manager. Their other club udinese just about avoided relegation this season also.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with the fact that he actually knows very little then?

To be fair he clearly has contacts with clubs & agents, especially in the North West. He has been reporting transfer news for years, I doubt he would still be doing that if he knew very little.

You have to remember that clubs & agents are well known for 'leaking' stories in the press for various reasons, whether the story is true or not & whether it comes to fruition is another thing.