Championship | 2024/25

Day

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They seem to have an increasing amount of minority shareholders.  I saw Ron Burgundy wearing a Leeds hat last weekend.  Please buy some of our increasing debt for a fiver, you'll get a free hat. 

freehat.jpg.30a8d59d524db621d6e42b5704898e50.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Day said:

Best bit is this…

Without wishing to defend Dirty Leeds a little context is required.

The loyalty scheme was to anyone going to 80% of games between 2015/2020 so it’s not really relevant now.

The £850 guarantees you an away ticket.

The price is increased from last season because then they had a reciprocal agreement with some clubs so tickets were cheaper.

The price is based on what clubs are expected to charge and if there is any left it is refunded at the end of the season.

Derby used to do the Rams on tour, where you had to buy every ticket and then the money was taken from your bank on a standing order. ( I think you were allowed up to 3 refunds).

Leeds are charging all away fans at Elland road £30 this season so they won’t be the most expensive ticket for us this season.

Still don’t like em though 😂

People keep saying we are in bad shape as we enter the season , well keeping an eye out on the rest of the Champ, Blackburn look set to lose their top scorer and talisman Scmodics, Plymouth on verge of losing Whittaker , Leeds are losing their better players , a few set to leave Norwich etc , all the Champ sides seem to be scrambling around for signings and having poor results in friendlies, don’t know why so many are writing off our season already

I didn’t realise we had our own Goldsmith 😂 Dorsett is an idiot! This is a piece about West Brom.

The only fee West Brom have paid for a player so far is the £500k for central defender Torbjorn Heggem from Sweden. 29-year-old Devante Cole has arrived at the Hawthorns on a free transfer from Barnsley. Goalkeeper Joe Goldsmith and midfielder Ousmane Diakate were also cost-free additions, as was experienced defender Paddy McNair who has joined on loan from San Diego.

Portsmouth have signed Andre Dozzell on a free transfer from QPR. Their transfer business this summer has been surprisingly underwhelming so far, especially having lost star loanees Robertson & Kamara too.

On 06/08/2024 at 06:06, Carnero said:

Portsmouth have signed Andre Dozzell on a free transfer from QPR. Their transfer business this summer has been surprisingly underwhelming so far, especially having lost star loanees Robertson & Kamara too.

Portsmouth made a load of signings last year in Lg1, I would imagine that all of those signings are on multi year contracts and not easy to move on if they wanted and also I would think that most of those signings were made with promotion in mind.

Ipswich were similar the previous season and it looks like Birmingham are intending to go down a similar path, as it's easier to spend money building a team in Lg1 compared with the FFP restrictions in the Championship.

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Portsmouth made a load of signings last year in Lg1, I would imagine that all of those signings are on multi year contracts and not easy to move on if they wanted and also I would think that most of those signings were made with promotion in mind.

Ipswich were similar the previous season and it looks like Birmingham are intending to go down a similar path, as it's easier to spend money building a team in Lg1 compared with the FFP restrictions in the Championship.

Portsmouth were outpointed by us for the back half of last season, drew with us in both games and have lost 2 of their better players who were on loan in Robertson & Kamara. You could argue that they've weakened rather than strengthened as thing stand. They should definitely be on our target list to finish above.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Portsmouth were outpointed by us for the back half of last season, drew with us in both games and have lost 2 of their better players who were on loan in Robertson & Kamara. You could argue that they've weakened rather than strengthened as thing stand. They should definitely be on our target list to finish above.

Kamara will be a big miss, but Robertson missed half the season due to injury. There other loanes (Anjorin and Peart-Harris) were fringe players so won't be missed. They may have replaced Kamara with Sorensen - a winger with 27 goals and 19 assists last season (albeit in the Danish 3rd division). Josh Murphy, Matt Ritchie, and Sam Silvera will also add depth on the wings. They also signed Moxon and Lang last January, essentialyl replacing Robertson.

The other regulars to have moved on are Rafferty (replaced with Barnsley's Williams), Raggett (replaced last season by the injory prone Tom McIntyre?), and Sparkes (signed Jacob Farrell to compete with the defensively weak Ogilvie).

Overall, I would say they're about on par with last season, but have replaced a few of there 30+ players with younger players. They probably feel they have enough to avoid relegation, but have a young squad with potential who will bounce back up if they do go down. Without knowing which positions they still plan to strengthen and assuming we'll be signing 4 or 5 new starters, like you, I would definitely back us to finish above Portsmouth.

I also expect Oxford and Plymouth to be in the bottom 6. Sunderland, Watford, Blackburn, Cardiff and Swansea all had poor 2nd halves to the season.
   - Sunderland have had a change of manager have added a few good players, so should improve. 
   - Watford should have enoguh quality to achieve midtable and will chop through enough managers to achieve their goals anyway.
   - I fancy Eustace to get the most out of Blackburn's squad
Leaving Cardiff and Swansea as the other main bottom 6 contenders. Stoke and Millwall probably won't be far off.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Kamara will be a big miss, but Robertson missed half the season due to injury. There other loanes (Anjorin and Peart-Harris) were fringe players so won't be missed. They may have replaced Kamara with Sorensen - a winger with 27 goals and 19 assists last season (albeit in the Danish 3rd division). Josh Murphy, Matt Ritchie, and Sam Silvera will also add depth on the wings. They also signed Moxon and Lang last January, essentialyl replacing Robertson.

The other regulars to have moved on are Rafferty (replaced with Barnsley's Williams), Raggett (replaced last season by the injory prone Tom McIntyre?), and Sparkes (signed Jacob Farrell to compete with the defensively weak Ogilvie).

Overall, I would say they're about on par with last season, but have replaced a few of there 30+ players with younger players. They probably feel they have enough to avoid relegation, but have a young squad with potential who will bounce back up if they do go down. Without knowing which positions they still plan to strengthen and assuming we'll be signing 4 or 5 new starters, like you, I would definitely back us to finish above Portsmouth.

I also expect Oxford and Plymouth to be in the bottom 6. Sunderland, Watford, Blackburn, Cardiff and Swansea all had poor 2nd halves to the season.
   - Sunderland have had a change of manager have added a few good players, so should improve. 
   - Watford should have enoguh quality to achieve midtable and will chop through enough managers to achieve their goals anyway.
   - I fancy Eustace to get the most out of Blackburn's squad
Leaving Cardiff and Swansea as the other main bottom 6 contenders. Stoke and Millwall probably won't be far off.

Millwall will be very much in a relegation battle I would think, especially if Langstaff fails to make the step up.

21 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Millwall will be very much in a relegation battle I would think, especially if Langstaff fails to make the step up.

They were 13th last season but finished very strongly. 8 wins out of 13 under Harris (averaging 2 points per game). I expect them to have another midtable finish