UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Energy and intensity is the minimum. Even when tactics aren’t working, you have to have that. It’s not even the tactics really, it’s the personnel. You can’t do what you need to do with the attributes of the players picked not blending together. 

You’ve got Saka, Bellingham, Foden and Kane all wanting to come to the ball. Even Trent wants it to feet and doesn’t really know what he’s doing. It shrinks the pitch, means we struggle to get forward.  When you’re deep, you have no way out. Add to that Trippier can’t keep wide because he’s on the wrong foot and Foden also wandering in centrally, and the whole team is really narrow and deep. 

He realised it second half, but then he changed 3 at once which just rarely works. If you play Kane, you need someone in behind and running beyond.

As soon as they announced the same XI, that performance was inevitable. Dont think they’re capable of playing together. 

Isn’t this typical England?

When was the last time we played 3 won 3 in the groups?

I don’t recall it ever happening in my lifetime.

Also didn’t we draw with Scotland in the last euros?

I’m not sure why expectations are so high. We’re never going to dominate with our defence and midfield.

You need more than a top striker, winger and attacking midfielder to run over teams. It stems from the quality at the back and holding midfield, something we lack.

And then throw in the fact that our left side of Trippier and Foden is just wrong. Will never work.

Edited by Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Don't think I've ever seen Bellingham play so poorly either.

Makes me wonder if something has cracked off behind the scenes - has Southgate got them singing Kumbaya in the dressing room?

True but you can’t expect Bellingham and Kane to be the star players every game others have to contribute as well.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The problem for me was that our back 4 marshalled the 18 yard line, Which then left our midfield to drop back, Bellingham's not going to do a lot playing deep...not his fault, We just seem to revert to a confused defend what we've got.

You have to press teams up in their half not sit back and admire their play, Kane from the throw in then plays the ball into empty space for them to pick the ball off and score a cracker.

Italy and Serbian games rinse and repeat.

We all know we have talented players...very talented players but for some god damn reason collectively the whole England team ethic seems skewed

So bleedin frustrating 🙄  

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Makes me wonder if something has cracked off behind the scenes - has Southgate got them singing Kumbaya in the dressing room?

Hate to say it but he was Billy Big b******* tonight, falling to the floor and demanding a free kick every time someone dared to tackle him.

Stones is out for the rest of the tournament. 

He just went for a dump without two midfielders holding his hands and suffered a panic attack. Now the medical team are advising he returns home. This could also mean Rice and Alexander Arnold are going to miss the final group game due to jet lag

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hate to say it but he was Billy Big b******* tonight, falling to the floor and demanding a free kick every time someone dared to tackle him.

Yes I wondered if he gets them all the time in Spain.

I'd say that TAA England career while Safegate is manager is very limited after that interview.

Ferdinand is right...players should get together and start pointing fingers 

image.png.e68bef64e8fcc2a5a7175b61d74faa89.png image.png.4a1e615a0b112c0080790e1b1ef581d6.png