Best Chant of All Time

On 09/05/2024 at 08:12, Reggie Greenwood said:

When the Heanor lads used to arrive on the Ossie end and shout “Eanor , Eanor” and the Popside would respond with “Sharples ,Sharples”  

You have to be over a certain age to get that 

Back when that song was crafted (1978?), the Heanor Lads went to watch the Mighty Lions at a local Nottinghamshire venue in the Old Midland League.

A blast of aynor, aynor was met with the usual Sharples retort, so when the home fans started  chanting their clubs name, the obvious retort was Palmer ,Palmer!!!

14 minutes ago, GB SPORTS said:

Back when that song was crafted (1978?), the Heanor Lads went to watch the Mighty Lions at a local Nottinghamshire venue in the Old Midland League.

A blast of aynor, aynor was met with the usual Sharples retort, so when the home fans started  chanting their clubs name, the obvious retort was Palmer ,Palmer!!!

Earlier I think sure it was being sung in first title season 74-75 ? 

1 hour ago, GB SPORTS said:

Just took me ten minutes to work out who they were playing 😁

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

4'55 is the video length. 🙄

After much searching (👀), I found it at 3' 02".   😄👍🐏

Did that reporter say the best supported club in the East Midlands, in Division 3.  Weren't Forest still in the Clough 10 year history patch in Division 1 .😂 Players change, time moves, that's a constant.

The very first away game I went to on my own was Hillsborough. Think it was second division, they were at the top and we were near the bottom, and no one had much hope. We drew 0-0. Looking it up it was 7th March 1981. 

Standing behind the goal, for a long time we sang You'll Never Walk Alone. It was spiritual. Forever etched in my memory. 

All this we did the bounce first stuff.  

Well the first bounce I remember was West Broms "boing" from the early 90's.  Always looked good.  The rest came long after. 

The one I detest more than any other .   MILLLLL...WALLLLLL.  Total dirge and I assume something created for their caves to create echo and scare away Sabre Toothed Tigers.

We’ve got de Sart, 

Julien de Sart,

We just don’t think you understand,

We’ve never heard of him,

so let’s just call him Jim,

We’ve got Julien de Sart.

an absolute collector’s item, heard at West Brom away in the FA Cup (I think) and not very often thereafter.

1 minute ago, Ramfan1958 said:

One from the Pop side days.

Those were the days my freind we thought they'd  never end we won the league and then we won the shield we lived a life we choose we fight and never loose we are the RAMS oh yes we are the RAMS na na na na na na na na na we are the RAMS of yes We are the RAMS. 

I used to love that one.

7 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Earlier I think sure it was being sung in first title season 74-75 ? 

Yes maybe The memory is getting very unreliable.

Definitely post 73-74 though 👴