Pre season

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Blimey it’s a preseason friendly… Warne and Barker have even said they’re not looking at tactical stuff until the next game. Calm down. 

There are a couple of preseason games left before we start this season proper. When do you suggest we start working on patterns of play and formations? Christmas?

Just now, Barney1991 said:

You should be planning your tactical stuff at the start of pre season as well as fitness you don’t start to practice tactical stuff less than 2 weeks before a season starts 

Sounds like exactly what we did last season...

Warne has literally said after the last game he wants a number 9 and an attacking midfielder and another winger because we don't have enough goals in the team. So he knows exactly what we need.

Players continuously crossing balls out of play, passing balls out of play is not the managers fault. 

Also everytime I watch Barkhuizen play football it's like he's just woken up in his car, got out and then played football. He's probably had less than 10 decent games in a Derby shirt. If we bring another winger in I think he'll be gone. Infact if he didn't trigger that one year extension I don't think we'd have kept him 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

You should be planning your tactical stuff at the start of pre season as well as fitness you don’t start to practice tactical stuff less than 2 weeks before a season starts 

You should let the club know mate, it’s not like Warne and Co have ever had experience doing preseasons before…

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Yeah I was just thinking we fluked every single one of those 92 points.

Worst league 1 in years. We went up through set pieces and a solid backline for the level we are. Championship is going to be 10 levels higher. You need more at the back than what we’ve got and to rely on more than set pieces. 

Can’t see any of Yates, Collins, Barkhuizen, CBT, Vickers, and Forsyth (maybe) starting come the end of the window. I’d imagine a new striker with Jackson and NML either side of him with Kenzo and Ebou in midfield and a new cb, lwb and goalie are all expected to come in. Wilson will also start. 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

You should let the club know mate, it’s not like Warne and Co have ever had experience doing preseasons before…

He’s had 4 championship pre seasons one he left early to join us and don’t know how that would have finished and the other 3 he got relegated 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yeah I was just thinking we fluked every single one of those 92 points.

They were league one points though and championship points will be much harder to gather and so far league two and league one pre season opponents looked to play football better than us. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Warne has literally said after the last game he wants a number 9 and an attacking midfielder and another winger because we don't have enough goals in the team. So he knows exactly what we need.

Players continuously crossing balls out of play, passing balls out of play is not the managers fault. 

Also everytime I watch Barkhuizen play football it's like he's just woken up in his car, got out and then played football. He's probably had less than 10 decent games in a Derby shirt. If we bring another winger in I think he'll be gone. Infact if he didn't trigger that one year extension I don't think we'd have kept him 

Are you getting him mixed up with Bob Malcolm Reggie 😉

10 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Blimey it’s a preseason friendly… Warne and Barker have even said they’re not looking at tactical stuff until the next game. Calm down. 

For real? 

Shouldn't the tactics be known before you buy in more players? 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

They were league one points though and championship points will be much harder to gather and so far league two and league one pre season opponents looked to play football better than us. 

What’s the score, been watching the cricket 😊

My concerns;

Individually and collectively both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury have looked better than us

There is no real evolving pattern of play with only 2 pre season games left

We have conceded 6 goals in the last games last season defence was our strength

We have barely created a single clear cut chance from open play across the preseason games

There is no fluidity to our play it all looks disjointed and sporadic. It is not easy to suddenly up your game when the season starts if you haven’t got into good habits in preseason 

Edited by Mr Ramtastic

Kenzo is going to be so, so important for us this season.

You can see straightaway that he just adds that level of control in the midfield areas that Derby have been lacking all game.

Probably the first name on the team-sheet for me as it stands.

Totally agree with previous comments from Warne though after this...lots more business needed. And a few need to go.