Pre season

4 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

So, in the Stockport highlight video, 1 minute from the end, there has been comments on Osborn spinning his man and playing a long ball forwards, who was that played to, and did that player not bring a difficult ball down excellently from over the shoulder with 2 defenders close by, which allowed him to get a shot away? Whoever that was I'd say it was pretty good control.

This first touch?! Good control that whoever the player is

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

Anyway, @richinspain tell us more about your trip. Did you enjoy it? Get to meet anyone from here? 

Had a great day, thanks. I chatted to a few people but without mentioning this forum. Had a nice chat with a father and son who were over for the game from Stratford (son named Charlie George for obvious reasons for the father but apparently not for the mother 😂). Obviously chatted with the people sat around us and to a few people who wondered why one of my friends had a Derby shirt and a Spanish flag 😂 (see photo attached)

IMG_8540.png

11 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ward seems to be almost permanently injured. A succession of minor niggles for the entire time he's been here.

He had a fairly significant injury at the end of the season, unfortunately as he started contributing at a first team level.

I doubt he will ready to play before September-time. 

Also, on the subject of Brown and sending him out on loan, look around at the striker market. It’s so very difficult to have a decent selection of options from the start/from the bench that makes me think that we are very unlikely to be in a position that by the end of the window where we wouldn’t need a player of his ability, pace & power from the bench - regularly. If we are, great, because it means we have improved substantially in our forward areas but a lot of work needs to happen before me that point. 

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He had a fairly significant injury at the end of the season, unfortunately as he started contributing at a first team level.

I doubt he will ready to play before September-time. 

Also, on the subject of Brown and sending him out on loan, look around at the striker market. It’s so very difficult to have a decent selection of options from the start/from the bench that makes me think that we are very unlikely to be in a position that by the end of the window where we wouldn’t need a player of his ability, pace & power from the bench - regularly. If we are, great, because it means we have improved substantially in our forward areas but a lot of work needs to happen before me that point. 

Also, Wards first injury was caused by an opposition player treading on his heel, which was hardly Ward's fault like the OP was implying. He's been really unlucky.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Also, Wards first injury was caused by an opposition player treading on his heel, which was hardly Ward's fault like the OP was implying. He's been really unlucky.

Yes, that’s right .. sounded really yukky at the time, tore the skin/pad of his heel or something like that ?  Not injury prone, just rotten luck

Only just seen the highlights and hard to draw too many conclusions from them, save that there were some decent moves and chances created and the keepers weren't overworked. The take-down by Brown over his shoulder from Osborne's long diagonal was an exceptional piece of skill - he's clearly got good technique. Kane Wilson also looked very sharp, as did Thommo and Ben Osborne. CBT missed a couple of opportunities, though one would have required him risking injury to finish and the other came to him unexpectedly - him being in the right places on each occasion was probably more significant. Kudos though to all the players for playing hard in those conditions.

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Played his part last season with the goals at Portsmouth.

No idea what part he will play this season but I haven’t seen many players with the ability to whip a cross, with a bending low trajectory at pace like Wardy can. He’s dangerous and I like dangerous players

33 minutes ago, taggy180 said:

I know ebou went off for precaution Friday but not in yesterday's training video. Hopefully he's ok 

Warne said dead leg in post match interview.