Birmingham relegated.

The FFP rules in the lower divisions are an oddity compared to the top 2 divisions. If they come up, I can imagine their owners struggling to adjust to the much tighter controls of the Championship.

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The FFP rules in the lower divisions are an oddity compared to the top 2 divisions. If they come up, I can imagine their owners struggling to adjust to the much tighter controls of the Championship.

Nah, they’ll just take advice from Leicester.

With the money they've spent/are spending, they shouldn't just win the league, they should set the points record for the league. I think it'll be much harder than it looks, but anything less than automatic promotion would be a complete disaster. It's always risky when the bar is set so high.

On 20/07/2024 at 22:37, Mr Ramtastic said:

They should piss league 1 we got out in 2years spending zilch money and after an additional 3 years of turmoil.. we know it’s a s*** league and they are in a far stronger position that we were

Yeah, I mean when has spaffing money all over the shop EVER not ended in promotion? 

On 20/07/2024 at 20:03, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can imagine what they're paying Bielik to sign a new deal and possibly piss away his next World Cup dream which was so important apparently.  Probably over 30 k a week, plus 10 million on signings and wages.  Be terrible if it all goes tits up.  They must be pushing if not over the 75% turnover rule now,  next season after it's 50%.  Personally, I hope it happens because it's Birmingham. 

Fair play to the owners, it's a worthwhile gamble. With their squad, fan base and stadium, I can see them fighting for survival in the Championship in 18 months or so!

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Quite - I have a feeling they're going to give everyone a lot of laughs this season. 

We have to give them a bit of time to start underperforming,egos falling out with egos, expectation to weigh heavy with fans boos as soon as they're not winning, only there for the money signings giving up and wanting out. It could become glorious.

On 04/08/2024 at 14:44, Bessie1 said:

According to Rod Liddle in The Sunday Times…. Birmingham have spent roughly double the amount spent by all the other League 1 clubs combined, and more than 22 of the 24 Championship clubs.

I don't think I've ever wanted a team to fail as much as I want Brum to. Having sold the farm and some, it would be absolutely glorious. 

They're odds on to finish in the top 2, massive pressure if things don't start well, especially after an impressive pre season. The locals are buzzing and season ticket sales are at record levels.

But this football and there's quite a few clubs which could challenge them, fans at Rotherham, Huddersfield, Bolton, p'boro, Barnsley, Charlton, Wrexham, Wigan, Blackpool and Lincoln, will all be expecting at least a top 6 finish this season, with the first six expecting a challenge for the top 2.

I'm looking forward to see how it all turns out, especially as we're not involved.

• 4 weeks later...