Ryan Nyambe

Where's he play next season?

Beast of a player but won't shift Nelson at centre back and wouldn't replace Wilson if Warne goes again with wing backs. Does he slot in at the spare centre back replacing Bradley who impressed back end of the season ?

1 minute ago, samtheram83 said:

In a back three? Cash, nelson, nyambe? Honest question.

Yes if I had to pick a back 3 for the Championship right now it'd be them - you could argue Bradley is the man in possession and has played as a CB more than Nyambe and those would be fair  points but Nyambe looked very strong defensively and comfortable on the ball.   

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Bradley never gets his props does he, clean sheet and an assist yesterday. Absolute menace from any set he

He has improved but still can't see him as a regular starter next season 

6 minutes ago, valakari said:

Are you serious??!!

If his agent's done his job he'll have doubled his wages, had something in the contract to allow him to talk to championship clubs should we not get promoted or premier league clubs who match a valuation if we do- we have.  It puts us in a better position regarding a fee i'd imagine.  See what happens.

8 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Bradley never gets his props does he, clean sheet and an assist yesterday. Absolute menace from any set piece.

He has played much better since the sending off. I wouldn’t like to see him in a pairing but in a three, he mops up behind the other two. I still think a strong centre forward will always outmuscle him. He’s too easy to push off the ball. Nyambe not so.

When Nyambe is fit, I think we should revert to a four with him at RB.

Wilson/Ward could then be on the right of a four man midfield. 

Edited by Anag Ram
Error

Starting RB when we play 4 at the back, Wilson would play higher up the pitch. 

Fighting for the third CB spot in a 5. Got away with defensive injuries this year but you need at least 5 top CBs if we are going to be competitive in the championship. 

Right sided CB in the 3. Rooney backing him up.

Bradley backing Nelson up in the middle and Forsyth backing up Cashin on the left. Shouldn’t be an area of priority for recruitment I don’t think, unless there’s a daft bid for Cashin or they decide Rooney is best served going out on loan. 

14 hours ago, valakari said:

Are you serious??!!

Hypothetically....

Brighton were interested in buying him but loaning him out to a Championship club.  Now we are there, there is the option of selling him and loaning him back for the season.  There is no way he would break into Brighton first team at this stage, but a Championship season would give him his springboard.

If Brighton do want him, he will go but if we can get a further season that would be a big win with a fee on top.

Think Nyambe is a good option to have. 

Defensively solid can play right back or right centre back and i doubt he's earning a wedge.

Think another centre back and another left wing back is all we require to strengthen for next season.

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think Nyambe is a good option to have. 

Defensively solid can play right back or right centre back and i doubt he's earning a wedge.

Think another centre back and another left wing back is all we require to strengthen for next season.

Defensively he strolled through games at League 1.  Not so much as an attacking option.  He's a championship ready player if played to his strengths.