The Morning After...

... The day before. Reflections of yesterday with a bangin head!

It wasn't just Pride Park or the Neptune - it was the whole of Derby - some places have it and some don't, it's that simple!

It's easy to support Liverpool, it's easy to follow one of the Manchester clubs.

I don't think there is a greater footballing place in the UK than Derby!

COYR!

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

It wasn't just Pride Park or the Neptune - it was the whole of Derby - some places have it and some don't, it's that simple!

It's easy to support Liverpool, it's easy to follow one of the Manchester clubs.

COYR!

Open top bus parade in Mansfield happening right now 🍾

6 hours ago, RebelScum said:

COYR!

Used my bus pass for the first time yesterday (apart from getting past the safe-standing ticket checks - twice!) and as I walked across the Morlege at about 9.15 I could see about a thousand people out on the pavement already. Derby was heaving with Rams already! A great day yesterday!

7 hours ago, RebelScum said:

COYR!

GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz Taking a while to get sober again, love you Rams

What I noticed yesterday is that so many more people were already in their seats 10/15 minutes before kick off allowing us to build up the atmosphere organically. 

Usually it’s half empty until 2.55 and then everyone piles up as kick off is about to happen. 

I’d like to see that continue so we can keep building up that atmosphere. We’ll need it next season. We’re likely going to have a tough time up there. There’s no stand out poor sides and our manager himself has acknowledged our squad needs huge changes. They’re going to need us fans to drag them over the line. 

48 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

That’s in my local bar in Borrowash owned by Ben Osborn. I thought it looked familiar!

Wooooh!  Hang on.  

1 - There's a decent looking bar in Borrowash?

2 - It's owned by Ben Osbourne?

3 - Surely we should be reading something into this?  What with his deal with Utd bout to expire?

17 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

My other half is Spanish. She asked me "why are people queuing in the pub at 9am for beer?". Add Barcelona to the places that just don't get football.

To her credit, she did get me home to Sheffield in one piece.

You mean, add Barcelona to the places that just don't get getting sh!t faced at 9am 🤣

49 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

What I noticed yesterday is that so many more people were already in their seats 10/15 minutes before kick off allowing us to build up the atmosphere organically. 

Usually it’s half empty until 2.55 and then everyone piles up as kick off is about to happen. 

I’d like to see that continue so we can keep building up that atmosphere. We’ll need it next season. We’re likely going to have a tough time up there. There’s no stand out poor sides and our manager himself has acknowledged our squad needs huge changes. They’re going to need us fans to drag them over the line. 

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case in our area. It was the same as its been for the last half a dozen home games. People turning up late, persistently standing, going for a slash/drink/food/fag/vape/a.n.other every 15 minutes, disappearing for half an hour either side of half-time, leaving early to try and get on the pitch. God knows how much of the game they saw. They seemed to be there for an "experience" rather than because they were diehard supporters. I bet their Instagram page is bangin' though. They weren't there when we played Exeter on a cold Tuesday night, I know that much.