Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What has happened to NML?

He looks like a man who has forgotten how to play football. He needs a rest I think.

He has been the driving force in our season but when he’s out of form we create little.

No point resting him now. Could’ve happened 10 games ago, but CBT wasn’t fit.

Have to somehow win our last 3 games and hope Bolton and Peterborough don’t win all their games. They can even draw one and if we keep our GD higher we will go up. Need a big performance Saturday. 

Positive is that Bolton has to beat Portsmouth and Peterborough to be able to rise above us and I doubt that will happen and because Peterborough and Bolton play each other last day one of them is going to lose points 

Got to beat Orient on Saturday 👀

Just now, jono said:

Rather than focus on the manager, what about chances missed by poor shooting or bad touches ? There is a point when it’s 11 v 11 and the guys with the ball at their feet having to do something with it. 

Wycombe ran their legs off at Wembley on Sunday and we had a week to recover, we turn up and put in that performance. No excuses for me and they don't need people making excuses for them.

Peterborough let right back into the mix after tonight too. They've got a very favourable run of games before that final one against Bolton. One positive is I believe Pompey will be mathematically promoted if they beat Bolton at the weekend so does give them some incentive to go for the 3 points. 

7 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If Bolton win their last 6 including Portsmouth and Peterborough they deserve to go up. That’s the only positive mind. 

People moaning at Warne, did he ask for us to miss 3 sitters in the first half? Granted the second half was toothless but we should’ve been out of sight.

No bottle whatsoever.

Last six!!??

Not much in our defence tonight, like Caerphilly said we’ve had extra days to prepare, Wycombe supposedly knackered physically and mentally from a tough game 3 days ago, quite honestly 2nd half we looked tired and devoid of ideas. Can we win our last 3 games, personally I’d say a big NO.😢

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Sadly Portsmouth will have secured 1st place and taken their foot off the gas when they play Bolton, who will therefore take 2nd place!

It should be Portsmouth fighting for 2nd place, not us.

Portsmouth play Bolton in 3 days...

After tonight they can get promoted and win the title if they beat Bolton. If there's ever a time where they shouldn't take their foot off the gas, it's that.

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Have to somehow win our last 3 games and hope Bolton and Peterborough don’t win all their games. They can even draw one and if we keep our GD higher we will go up. Need a big performance Saturday. 

They can’t win all their games as they play each other.

so derby to win all 3!

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Rather than focus on the manager, what about chances missed by poor shooting or bad touches ? There is a point when it’s 11 v 11 and the guys with the ball at their feet having to do something with it. 

What about the subs? Blackett t for hourihane when your looking for a goal should of just give him a red card and told hourihane to stay comfy