Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Well maybe the reaction wouldn't be so severe if we had a manager capable of adapting to the issues presented to him. He got it badly wrong today, and not for the first time this season. Once or twice can be written off as a bad day, but this happens far too often with Warne.

Yes PW has to take his share of the flack...but...Waghorn blasts over from 4/5 yards easier to hit the target, Adams misses an easier chance with his header, 1 cleared off the line...all in the 1st half...These weren't mistakes down to PW...the players fcuked up 👍

And what was that tool of a centre back doing getting a red card...clowns are employed in a circus not by DCFC...shocking to say the least.

There'd better be a better performance on Friday, Not taking a chance with the buses up here on a bank holiday...gonna walk the 6miles to PP 👍 

12 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Well to be fair last week shouldn’t have gone to your heads because you were largely outplayed. If anything it should have been at best a point but fair enough you got the winner whilst Wanderers missed their chances. That should have sent warning signals to the players not celebrations. At this time of the season you can only expect the unexpected, just like today. There’s a lot of ups and downs to go yet as nerves start to kick in but certainly today’s unexpected defeat opens the door to second spot again. It’s going to be a very interesting month now and that 4 point cushion isn’t anything like the 7 it could have been but you still do have a cushion and it’s still in your own hands so the players just have to keep their nerve and deliver.

The only problem with your comments is that this result was actually expected. Its what we do. We are quite likely to hold the door open for you, and even buy you some really expensive running shoes just to make sure you can storm past us. This is the umpteenth time we have had a chance to go clear of the teams behind away and thrown it away with a shocking performance, terrible team selection and terrible tactics.

All the best for the run in, mate. It was automatic or bust for us, and we put all our money on a horse called "Bust". We won't survive the play-offs.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that’s a disaster - no other word for it 

I agree, not one.

Catastrophe

Calamity

Cataclysm

Tragedy

Devastation

Apocalypse

Upheaval

Debacle

Fiasco

Misfortune

Mishap

Misadventure

Reversal

Setback

Blow

Disappointment

Letdown

Bummer

Fizzle

Upset

Edited by Bob The Badger

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many of his balls into the box reached a Derby player? Who was he aiming for btw?

it's his job to put crosses into good areas, it's up to his team mates to get onto them. 

I'm giving him credit because he managed to run around, tackle a bit, and cross the ball, rather than standing around looking lost, getting caught offside, or battering passes into the hoardings, which is what everyone else was doing. 

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

I agree, not one.

Catastrophe

Calamity

Cataclysm

Tragedy

Devastation

Apocalypse

Upheaval

Debacle

Fiasco

Misfortune

Mishap

Misadventure

Reversal

Setback

Blow

Disappointment

Letdown

Bummer

Fizzle

Upset

Travesty

P.G Wodehouse from the directors box.

Upon the dreary canvas of this afternoon’s spectacle, painted with strokes of ineptitude and dashed hopes, one solitary silver lining emerged: the absence of my dear chum, Clarence Threapwood, the 9th Earl of Emsworth, from the lamentable affair. Engaged, fortuitously, in the matrimonial celebrations of a member of the DCFC fan’s forum, he was spared the spectacle of our team’s lamentable performance. Reports of the bride’s radiance and intellect, ample enough for two, provided a faint glimmer of mirth amidst the otherwise dismal proceedings, for surely she possessed wit enough to comprehend the gravity of her matrimonial choice. My only hope is the Groom’s despondency at the result doesn’t derail his wedding night.

Alas, my afternoon was not blessed with such diversion, and I spent 90 minutes plus ten added praying for my fountain pen to give up the ghost.
As I endured a woeful display of hoofball from Warne’s bobble hatted charges, bereft of precision, potency, or tenacity, against the hapless Northampton Town, who lack even a Subbuteo set to their name.

Bradley, in particular, resembled naught but a flailing marionette caught in a tempest, with many an experienced undertaker being deceived by his appearance and starting to embalm on sight. To use the analogy of the sport of shooting Derby ended upon the wrong end of the gun, with a limp wristed display reminiscent of Torquay Utd at their best.

Sonny’s subsequent banishment from the pitch, though regrettable, may indeed harbour a silver lining, for perhaps absence will lend him time to rediscover his vigour. As we face the looming encounter with Blackpool, the need for three points and a performance befitting professional footballers hangs heavy upon our shoulders, a task of Herculean proportions in our current state of disarray.

For anyone who didn’t hear the post match comments on NML, he went off with a hamstring injury but they don’t know if it was a knee to the hamstring when being tackled essentially causing a dead leg, or a pull.
Knowing our recent luck it’ll be the worse option but just wanted to share the context for those who didn’t hear it.

Barkhuizen and Gayle are 2 to 3 weeks away from a return. Collins is back fit. Forsyth is out with a calf injury again, so with Bradley’s sending off we’ve only got two fit/available cbs. 

OK, so that WAS a half-arsed performance in its entirety @Millenniumram - a broken clock etc

Thommo played out of position, Waggy miss (though it wasn't a simple tap in, Referee clear mistake before the goal, COLLECTIVE defensive c***-up for their goal, Ebou missing a headed chance he should really have buried, Warne's puzzling HT subs, general inability to string passes together and put NTFC defence under sustained pressure, Bradley giving the ref an opportunity to ensure the freedom of Northampton, NML hamstring going.......JEEEZUS!

It's a pity we didn't get the game called off.

24 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Well to be fair last week shouldn’t have gone to your heads because you were largely outplayed. If anything it should have been at best a point but fair enough you got the winner whilst Wanderers missed their chances. That should have sent warning signals to the players not celebrations. At this time of the season you can only expect the unexpected, just like today. There’s a lot of ups and downs to go yet as nerves start to kick in but certainly today’s unexpected defeat opens the door to second spot again. It’s going to be a very interesting month now and that 4 point cushion isn’t anything like the 7 it could have been but you still do have a cushion and it’s still in your own hands so the players just have to keep their nerve and deliver.

Yeah, I remember your 3 shots on target, just about.......

Well that was an unmitigated disaster. I have no words right now.

The ONLY thing one can say as a positive is that winning last week have us the cushion to absorb a result like that...

Why is nothing ever straightforward with this club?

10 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

it's his job to put crosses into good areas, it's up to his team mates to get onto them. 

I'm giving him credit because he managed to run around, tackle a bit, and cross the ball, rather than standing around looking lost, getting caught offside, or battering passes into the hoardings, which is what everyone else was doing. 

I see Her Majesty has a new 'favourite'